Mesa

houfo

If/When Mesa files for Ch.11 does that give its contract airlines (United and US Air) the right to get out of their contracts with Mesa?

If/When Mesa files for Ch.11 does that give its contract airlines (United and US Air) the right to get out of their contracts with Mesa?
Yes that is correct. If that were to happen US, and UA would drop Mesa in a bad habbit. UA already has an RFP in place in that instance or if Delta wins it's case to drop Freedom's ERJ contract, it will have court presidence to help it justify cancelling Mesa's contract. Like Jace said there have been inuendos and actual test runs for Piedmont to operate out of PHX.

Depends on the contract. I haven't read the contracts but most have a clause where either side can get out if one files for bankruptcy.

Also, and this is just MHO but US and UA were/are more worried about a chapter 7 filing. Mesa is about the same cost as Piedmont or slightly less and still would in bankruptcy.

I don't believe a word you said, Howard. Not without a source, which I'm not sure any of us have.

The way I see it: No, Mesa filing Ch 11 will NOT provide an "out" for UA/US from their contracts. Bankruptcy filing is to allow the company to try to restructure, and get any help it may need to continue functioning to AVOID shutting down. How would pulling contracts (aka, income, profit) from the struggling airline benefit it? I don't see any bankruptcy judge allowing that, but what the hell do I know.

If you've got a source, post it. We all know you hate Mesa, but that's not enough.

I don't believe a word you said, Howard. Not without a source, which I'm not sure any of us have.

The way I see it: No, Mesa filing Ch 11 will NOT provide an "out" for UA/US from their contracts. Bankruptcy filing is to allow the company to try to restructure, and get any help it may need to continue functioning to AVOID shutting down. How would pulling contracts (aka, income, profit) from the struggling airline benefit it? I don't see any bankruptcy judge allowing that, but what the hell do I know.

If you've got a source, post it. We all know you hate Mesa, but that's not enough.

Thanks for posting what you believe is fact.

Without actually seeing the contract MAG has with their mainline partners there is no way to know. However, precedent says that a Chapter 11 filing would NOT immediately jeopardize their FFD agreements. What could but those agreements at risk is Mesa no longer having the ability to guarantee service due to other vendors (think: MX parts etc) withholding supplies or service because payment may be in question.

I don't hate Mesa, I just hate JO, his cronnies and how he operates the place!:rolleyes: That's fine if you don't want to believe that your mainline partners won't drop you guys like a bad habbit if MAG were to declare Ch 11. No airline is going to enter into a contract without a clause or two to get out, when things go south or one or the other doesn't live up the the expectations of the contract. It's one thing when a mainline partner goes into Ch.11 beacuse the regional partner then becomes a creditor, because the mainline pays the regional for lift and services, where as a regional delares Ch 11, the mainline is not a creditor, unless the regional is leasing aircraft or services from their mainline partner. If there is a clause in the contract stipulating that if the regional carrier delares ch.11 and that the contract can be cancelled by the mainline partner, the bankruptcy judge has to abide by the contract.

Of course this is all what if's and maybe's, so it really doesn't mean #### till it actually happens!

I don't hate Mesa, I just hate JO

I hate mesa. All the regionals have been looking for an out for a long time. If Mesa goes bk, they're going to downsize a lot. I don't think they'll completely die. I still think after a nuclear holocaust there will still be cockroaches and Mesa, those poor dirty MEL'ed mesa CRJ7/9s are still valuable.

Yes that is correct. If that were to happen US, and UA would drop Mesa in a bad habbit.

Of course this is all what if's and maybe's, so it really doesn't mean #### till it actually happens!

Way to contradict yourself, buddy!

I just hate mis-information.

Fact: NONE of us know what those contracts say, and if there are any clauses that would allow such action. So don't don't state opinion like fact, without a disclaimer. I, too, would love to know what the contracts say, but I've got to see some proof of the actual wording before I believe it.

I can't even imagine what it felt like to be holding onto the Titantic as it was sinking.

That water was damn cold - no doubt about that.

Not if Mesa files Ch. 7. Then its complete liquidation of all their assets down to the desks, and J.O.'s pen. Some other hungry Reigonal is waiting in line to take their routes.

I hate mesa. All the regionals have been looking for an out for a long time. If Mesa goes bk, they're going to downsize a lot. I don't think they'll completely die. I still think after a nuclear holocaust there will still be cockroaches and Mesa, those poor dirty MEL'ed mesa CRJ7/9s are still valuable.

A TSA furloughed pilot who accepted a job with GoJets out of seniority while his brother and sister pilots are on the street (and more to come) doesn't really have much room to complain about where other people work. That right seat in that CRJ700 has cost your soul!

Wait... this dude is ex TSA and now a GoJetter and he's knocking on Mesa?

Holy Crap. If it wasn't sad it would be funny.

My source tells me if Mesa files for CH11 BK protection, US Airways cannot automatically terminate the contract. Mesa has the ability to terminate the contract if they go CH11.

Back