Mesa

Personally, I'm not sure, but one of my fraternity brothers is a Mesa pilot, and I'll zap him an email and ask.

Thanks, Also whats there new payscale?
I got accepted into MAPD but Im not sure If I want to go, I feel its the best program for me but over on flightinfo it seems there are a lot of pilots that look down on pilots who fly for Mesa, not really sure why but thats why Im thinking about not attending MAPD

[ QUOTE ]

I got accepted into MAPD but Im not sure If I want to go, I feel its the best program for me but over on flightinfo it seems there are a lot of pilots that look down on pilots who fly for Mesa, not really sure why but thats why Im thinking about not attending MAPD

[/ QUOTE ]

They look down at Mesa because of their new contract they will become the new bottom feeders of the small jet airline world. Their payscales and workrules completely suck. They have put the rest of the smally jet drivers at a disadvantage....until recently most small jet airlines were working out a "ComAir" type contract....now we are gonna see management at these companies pull out the YV contract and asking their guys why they can't work for those peanuts. I'd rather be at American Eagle then at Mesa. Spend your money somewhere else.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I to am planning on going through MAPD in Fall. Do the majors openly discrimate against mesa pilots? Would my chances of getting hired by a major be better if I went through another regional?

Whatever you do don't let them move you into Freedumb Air when your done. That would be career suicide. Or did Freedom get into the union with the last contract? I'm not sure but I do know there is much anymosity towards those guys.

This info is coming from a Mesa pilot

In two years we are supposed to have 75-100 more jets and have to hire 1000 pilots. The new contract prohibits 1900 FO's from going to the jet unless it is as a captain. You can upgrade as soon as you're able in the 1900D (maybe a year or so in the right seat, and thats how long it will take you to get the 1500 TT) and there's an 18 month seatlock as a beech captain. you can bid jet captain after the 18 months. I still think it will take 3-4 years seniority to hold jet captain because NO ONE is leaving. If you get hired as FO on the jet it will take a few years.

first year beech FO pay is about 17-18K. Year 2 beech FO is 20K.
first jear JET FO pay is about 18K also. year 2 is 27K and yr 3 is 31.

I dont understand why everybody is so down on the money Mesa pilots get, how much are other companys paying there pilots like Tran states Etc....

Back