Mesa TA...Part Duece!

H46Bubba

So is the new TA better than the last or is it still full of fluff and ambiguous language for management?

They improved min days off to 11 per bid period (although with PBS as part of the TA it will probably end up being per month) and I think FINALLY got block or better wording.

Other than that not too much changed from what I could tell.

I actually think it's a pretty good deal for the current environment, but of course it's up to the pilot group over there to decide that.

They improved min days off to 11 per bid period (although with PBS as part of the TA it will probably end up being per month) and I think FINALLY got block or better wording.

Other than that not too much changed from what I could tell.

I actually think it's a pretty good deal for the current environment, but of course it's up to the pilot group over there to decide that.
That was with the old TA. Since I haven't read the new one I somehow imagine you haven't either. I don't know about increased days off but that is why the MEC did not ratify it previously. Since they did ratify this one I can only hope days off were increased.

Depending on what the raises are, it might not be too bad. I heard the DH pay is up to 75% and JA or voluntary pick ups are 200%. PBS also has ALPA oversight. Basically, if those are true and the TA gets signed, that makes Pinnacle the new bottom rung on the ladder. Go us.

I thought the ALPA-ology of pattern bargaining was to plop down the most recent contract and get it + X%. Oh wait...that doesn't work? ####.

Maybe we should come up with something different here, this sure as hell isn't working.

I suppose internal improvements are better than focusing on the overall improvement of the profession. . .*shrug*

Although my personal opinions significantly differ, in an effort to not watch this thread death-spiral similarly to the XJT thread. . .

If it's an improvment over what is presently their working agreement, great!

While I agree it should be 100%.......we're stuck in 50% land. I'd be happy to see 75% at this point.

Yep. Although, we can get 100% for cancellations if we volunteer to sit reserve. Yet another thing I don't worry about since I won't be breaking guarantee for the near future.

Rumor is min days off is 11/12 on the TA, pay-protected for dropped flights (unless you drop it), DHD 75%, block or better, ALPA has 'oversight' of PBS -- I don't know what that means exactly though.

No rigs.

This morning MAG MEC sent out a special blastmail discussing it, and issued these bullets:

• Short-term contract with a mandated early opener
• PBS with significant ALPA input
• Line guarantee
• Scheduled or actual
• Reassignment restrictions
• 200% premium pay for junior available flights
• 200% premium for improper reassignments
• Modest pay increases
• Hold back provisions-industry leading
• Ability to bid for training
• Increased days off
• Scheduling enhancement provisions modeled after Southwest
• Fully automated ability to drop to a zero time line
• Fully automated ability to swap trips
• Fully automated ability to trade trips
• Schedule enhancement period (SAP) of three days after line awards to “massage” your schedule

I'm seeing things I'd like, specifically the pay increase, line guarantee, PBS oversight, automated drop swap and the ability to bid for training.

That last one alone would more or less solve our PBS negotiations crisis. If you guys ratify this, we're gonna steal a lot of those for our own negotiations with the "Hey, you said we're better than Mesa, and they got THIS. Why can't we?" tag line.

Ok so I am ignorant..... elaborate please?
Unless the union has oversight on the parameters of the PBS management can use it to eff you over. Ask kellwolf, he knows first hand I bet.
I'm a little worried about the PBS --- because I don't know what "significent ALPA input" means. I'll have to wait until I can read the document itself.
For example, one way for the company to "get" you with PBS is that they can control the pairings/pairing generator. So it doesn't matter if you say 'prefer 4 day trips' if all that is available that month is 2 day trips for some reason -- you wont know until the line is generated and you're hosed.

Other ways is that say you have a vacation coming up. Right now I could bid a line that has days off right before the vacation or right after it to increase my total days off. Management could put a parameter in PBS to stack your days off in such a way that this is impossible, PBS would notice you had a vacation and then specifically not put any days off next to it. There are really hundreds of ways you could get screwed over with PBS if you didn't have oversight.

I thought the ALPA-ology of pattern bargaining was to plop down the most recent contract and get it + X%. Oh wait...that doesn't work? ####.

Maybe we should come up with something different here, this sure as hell isn't working.

I HATE getting political but...

The biggest change we need to get things working is to get Bush out of office and vote for a labor friendly President. A lot of the issues we have had the last eight years can be directly related to Bush.

The biggest change we need to get things working is to get Bush out of office and vote for a labor friendly President. A lot of the issues we have had the last eight years can be directly to Bush.
Well it is certainly harder to negotiate when Management can smirk and say 'Well, if you don't like it... strike. HAHAHAHA, I forgot --- you can't... EVER!!'

Back