Mesa MEC votes NO to new TA

SpiraMirabilis

Possible Subversive
It won't be sent to the pilots at large to vote on, which means it must be pretty bad which makes me wonder WTF the Negotiating Comittee was/is doing.

Fellow Pilots,
The MEC met today to discuss the Tentative Agreement (TA) brought forth by the Negotiating Committee. After much discussion, the MEC ultimately decided not to send this agreement out to the pilot group for ratification. While the TA contained some improvements that the pilot group was looking to achieve, the MEC ultimately decided that it did not include the clarity and language necessary to resolve many issues MAG pilots face. Your MEC was also concerned that no improvements to minimum days off were achieved in the TA. The MEC delivered this message to management, and it is our hope to get back to the table as quickly as possible. Our goal is to achieve a contract that addresses your concerns while providing the improvements deserved and demanded by this pilot group.

Fraternally,
Albert Montoya Patrick Phillips Casey Cole
Chairman Vice Chairman Member

Wait. No improvements to minimum days off when you guys have the lowest in the industry, and the negotiating committee thought that was good enough to send to the MEC? Sounds like someone needs a new negotiating committee.....

I know Albert and Casey. Good men. I'm glad they sent this message.

The NC probably hit a stalemate with the company, based on the company saying "It's the best you're ever going to get." With this move by the MEC, you can probably bet that the next candidate for a TA will be better ... and many months away.

Too bad our MEC in 2003 didn't have the cajones to do this.

I know Albert and Casey. Good men. I'm glad they sent this message.

The NC probably hit a stalemate with the company, based on the company saying "It's the best you're ever going to get."

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard our management say it's their "last best and final offer," well, I'd at least be able to buy two or three value meals at McDonald's......

This is good right?

Very much so.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard our management say it's their "last best and final offer," well, I'd at least be able to buy two or three value meals at McDonald's......

:laff: Ain't that the truth. They just rearranged the words each time. First it was the "last, best and final" offer, then it was the "best, last, and final offer," and then they just started leaving words out with the next iteration, "best and final" offer. Hard telling what they're calling it now.

Now they just call it "fair" or "industry standard." You know it's getting old when the rampers and gate agents don't even fall for it anymore.

Management: The pilots are gonna cause us to shut down:
Rampers/gate agents: That's what you said two years ago......

MGMT associates with the rampers? Probably only during negotiations to smear the pilot group.

MGMT associates with the rampers? Probably only during negotiations to smear the pilot group.

Or on Xmas when they toss a couple of bags into the bin of one flight and declare themselves the second coming of Herb Kelleher.

You should know that our Negotiating team worked diligently to achieve significant quality of life gains for pilots in the new contract. These include an awarded line guarantee, scheduled or actual block pay, PBS, revised DFI procedures, and an industry leading holdback pay provision. Our negotiators also focused on resolving many issues with management as addressing pilot needs would fix many company issues identified by both the union and company, which should prove to be an asset to us all going forward.
Unfortunately, we were unable to achieve an increase in the guaranteed minimum days off, and your MEC believed that this was a critical issue within the pilot group. The MEC further believed that the scheduled or actual block pay provision did not meet their expectations of industry-standard practice, and they had concerns that the contract language did not adequately address the intent of the provision.

Or on Xmas when they toss a couple of bags into the bin of one flight and declare themselves the second coming of Herb Kelleher.

LOL. I always found this practice more insulting than if they had just stayed home with their families and sent out a message thanking those that worked on a holiday, buy them lunch, etc.

LOL. I always found this practice more insulting than if they had just stayed home with their families and sent out a message thanking those that worked on a holiday, buy them lunch, etc.

Same here. You wanna connect with the rampers? Work an 8 hour shift in August with rain in the forecast.....

Back