Mesa hiring

Hey CaPsiZed 9900, dont you work for SkyWest's little red headed "we wish you were dead" step-child in Atlanta?
Any convicted felons there,....Other than the one's we know about.....?

Any idea what starting pay is? Thanks

This is what I heard from someone that started there recently: 14.00/hr to start with raises at six months, a year and annual thereafter.

I have addressed this before, but when you're newly certificated, I wouldn't pass up any job opportunities just based on "reputation" alone. Was the management at Mesa the best I have ever seen? Heck no! Still....while I am glad to now be at a major, the experience I got at Mesa did help me reach that goal. And even if you decide you don't like it there, finding a job with another regional (Skywest, Republic, etc.) is markedly easier with even limited 121 dispatch experience vs. no experience.

If you can stand the summers and the sprawl, PHX is a nice place to live - and with jumpseat benefits, non-rev benefits on US/UA, and a Southwest hub there - it's pretty easy to non-rev in and out of there.

Hey CaPsiZed 9900, dont you work for SkyWest's little red headed "we wish you were dead" step-child in Atlanta?
Any convicted felons there,....Other than the one's we know about.....?
no, I do not.

This is what I heard from someone that started there recently: 14.00/hr to start with raises at six months, a year and annual thereafter.

I have addressed this before, but when you're newly certificated, I wouldn't pass up any job opportunities just based on "reputation" alone. Was the management at Mesa the best I have ever seen? Heck no! Still....while I am glad to now be at a major, the experience I got at Mesa did help me reach that goal. And even if you decide you don't like it there, finding a job with another regional (Skywest, Republic, etc.) is markedly easier with even limited 121 dispatch experience vs. no experience.

If you can stand the summers and the sprawl, PHX is a nice place to live - and with jumpseat benefits, non-rev benefits on US/UA, and a Southwest hub there - it's pretty easy to non-rev in and out of there.

Agreed. Not the best place to work, but hey if you get hired and don't like it the little bit of experience you do have will make getting that next job easier. Granted, the UA non-rev benefits are next to useless.

A good friend from DX class did the skype with them yesterday. Said it went well....and that they will make some call outs on Monday.
Hoping for you JM! I will only visit Phoenix in the "winter".

I had a face time interview set up with them yesterday, they never contacted me. Any ideas what that means?

I wasn't aware that dispatchers could jump seat when not working...?

Yeah, the ability to jumpseat both online and offline is a great benefit of being a dispatcher. Other non-revs get left behind and I get on even on other carriers. Sometimes, non revs get on because I am able to take the jumpseat.

Yeah, the ability to jumpseat both online and offline is a great benefit of being a dispatcher. Other non-revs get left behind and I get on even on other carriers. Sometimes, non revs get on because I am able to take the jumpseat.

I think its BS that A@P's are not in CASS but thats the benefit of dispatchers being in a small group and also the crappy industrial unions A@P's have had to deal with. Got my dispatch ticket too late in life too old to take a paycut to start over. Wish I knew way back when what a sweet gig dispatching is never would have gone the route I did. I always try to steer young people in aviation to go into dispatch and have been successful in talking at least 2 people into dropping out of A@P school.

I wasn't aware that dispatchers could jump seat when not working...?

Well, now you are aware then. :)

All Part 121 dispatchers are eligible for CASS, cockpit jumpseat, etc. on their own and other carriers. Of course, it does depend upon the jumpseat agreements any particular airline has with others, but offline dispatchers are authorized to offline on United, Delta, FedEx, and Southwest just to name a few.

Got my dispatch ticket too late in life too old to take a paycut to start over.

Excellent career guidance. Hands down the most profound advice you've contributed to this board as someone who's never work in this career field.

I had a face time interview set up with them yesterday, they never contacted me. Any ideas what that means?

Well it could mean a lot of things... maybe they are just disorganized and forgot? You should reach out to them.

Well it could mean a lot of things... maybe they are just disorganized and forgot? You should reach out to them.
I did contact them to make sure it wasn't an error on my part and it wasn't, so we set up a new time for yesterday, and again they didn't contact me. So either they weren't really interested in me or they are that disorganized. I was excited as this was my first interview since getting my dispatch license a couple months ago.

Mesa doing Skype interviews is a new thing. I personally don't like them, but I can understand why they are gaining traction for a cost control point of view. I don't feel I can put my best foot forward unless I'm in the room with the interviewer.

I did contact them to make sure it wasn't an error on my part and it wasn't, so we set up a new time for yesterday, and again they didn't contact me. So either they weren't really interested in me or they are that disorganized. I was excited as this was my first interview since getting my dispatch license a couple months ago.

Maybe you should consider it a blessing then, lol.

Back