Mesa furloughing

Such a joyous time to be alive

I know it’s not your first time, but such is life in the airlines. In 2007 I was supposed to be leaving the military for the airlines. Got there in 2017.

IMG_0334.jpeg

I wouldn’t cry that the sky is falling. The retirement numbers ahead don’t lie unless places plan on shrinking and giving up market share to their competitor. I don’t think Mesa staffing has been right since the CRJ’s got drawn back from the American side. In addition to that not making money off the DHL contract probably didn’t help either.

The sky isn’t falling, passenger travel is back to pre-pandemic, levels, even setting records.

This is all part of the accordion effect with supply, both labor and machines. The two manufactures are not fulfilling deliveries, and that’s creating a ripple effect down stream. Regionals, or commuters, are always reactive to mainline.

No idea if it’s truthful but I read somewhere that they expect to recall in a couple months. This makes me think it’s probably pilots in training as it doesn’t make sense to furlough for short periods of time.

No idea if it’s truthful but I read somewhere that they expect to recall in a couple months. This makes me think it’s probably pilots in training as it doesn’t make sense to furlough for short periods of time.

I heard it was 50 new hires who were still in training. Hopefully they’re not on the street for very long.

The sky isn’t falling, passenger travel is back to pre-pandemic, levels, even setting records.

This is all part of the accordion effect with supply, both labor and machines. The two manufactures are not fulfilling deliveries, and that’s creating a ripple effect down stream. Regionals, or commuters, are always reactive to mainline.
Yah have you tried non revving anywhere lately? Cuz I have and 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

4 tries for Mrs and kids to get SEA-DTW to see her sister this week (meet the newborn nephew). 2 tries and a 2 hr delay ORD-SEA coming back.
I made the naive mistake of trying to get my wife on a domestic OAL zed fare, hub to hub on a Sunday two weeks ago.

Yeah. That went about like you’d expect.

Seven DHL 737-400F planes sitting here at MZJ across the runway from us. Fairly new arrivals. These the Mesa birds?

Back