Mesa furlough?

Yes, we were herded into a room and the COO, Jorn Bates, came in and beat around the bush for 5 minutes and finally said the "F" word. He told us we would be recalled in 6-8 months based on the current rate of attrition. However, one of our instructors told us to not be surprised if we get called back within a month. :( Sucks, since my class was 1 day from finished. I am in the top 10 to be recalled, though.

Welp, no more open time for me.

Lets hope others do that as well. But if things are like they are at other companies its amazing how many people say this and dont follow through. Or simply how many people dont understand why they shouldnt do such.

Hey, JaceTheAce... I like you but that was kind of an • thing to say. Well, not kind of. A total • thing to say.

From a MEC blastmail:
FURLOUGHS This week the MEC was informed that MAG Management has decided to furlough approx 50 new hire pilots. All were hired July 1, 2008 and ALPA intends to protect their contractual rights and provide assistance during these difficult times. We request that any pilot affected by the furlough please contact one of your Local reps for information pertaining to any more information.

If anyone affected is on JC and needs to contact info of their rep, PM me and we can get you in touch with the appropriate person. I know that many of you may not have applied for membership in the association yet because ALPA isn't allowed on the property at the training center but we can fix that too.

Back