Mesa Captain Flight Gear stolen...

Shemsey

Well a Mesa Captain came into me FBO yesterday in London Ontario, and he said someone broke into his car and stoll all his stuff and was wondering if anyone was trying to sell some stuff around......... it sucks cuz Mesa is being real GAY and their even said their not gunna let him fly until he trys to locate the stuff, and the guy is just totally stresses out, he thought the airline would be somewhat helpful but they aren't, why is it that you think they're like that cuz it wasnt his fault... he's captain on a CRJ700 and i believe going onto a CRJ900.

Poor fella.
frown.gif

yeah that really blows...... you'd think the airline would be understanding and try to help him out with it.

[ QUOTE ]
it sucks cuz Mesa is being real GAY

[/ QUOTE ]Oh no kidding, I'm getting sick and tired of Mesa and its blatant homosexual agenda.
tongue.gif

I guess that really doesn't surprise me about Mesa though. Shame.

Now hold on guys - let's step back and take a look at the implications of this before you go slamming the airline. Yeah it sucks that his stuff was stolen BUT the first question that came to my mind is can he even fly??? Was his pilot license in the bag?? Can't fly without it. Was his medical in the bag?? Can't fly without it.

Was his airline ID in the bag?? Was his uniform stolen?? Was there a CRJ manual in the bag?? Was the company ops manual in the bag?? So now you have possibly a stolen ID floating around out there(I always kept mine in my flight bag), maybe a stolen passport(I always kept mine in my flight bag), a company ops manual detailing company security procedures and policies, and a manual on a fairly large aircraft - I think you can see where I'm going with this - it may be a legit. security issue. My first response would be to take this guy off of the flight schedule as well - if he's not scheduled to fly a trip then you don't have to worry about whoever stole his stuff showing up pretending to be him and getting on an airplane.

Not saying that's what happened - just presenting it as a possibility. Unfortunatley in today's security conscious world we need to keep scenarios such as this in mind.

Jason

Yea Jason you are right, all that stuff is gone, the ops manuals and all were in his flightbag, also a few weeks ago in san diego someone stole his car which had his logbook in it, he's on a bad luck spree i guess.

If bad luck happens in threes, I guess the good news is he can't be in an aircraft accident if he can't fly!
smile.gif

As far as the logbook theft, all I gotta say is if you don't HAVE to have it with you (e.g., student pilots), leave it at home, not in your flight bag. On top of that, I make a photocopy of every newly-completed page or new endorsement and use LogShare.com as an off-site backup.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is implying that "to be gay" means "to be uncooperative / unhelpful / otherwise negative". I think that's an unfair characterization of "being gay" - not a very respectful generalization. I don't think any harm was intended - I thought I'd speak up nevertheless.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the logbook theft, all I gotta say is if you don't HAVE to have it with you (e.g., student pilots), leave it at home, not in your flight bag. On top of that, I make a photocopy of every newly-completed page or new endorsement and use LogShare.com as an off-site backup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my husband and I keep our logbooks locked in a fireproof box that never leaves the house! There's an 'urban legend' that a pilot and his wife were in the midst of a nasty divorce, and she took all his logbooks and burned them while he was on a trip. Ouch!

Wow. That's gotta suck. I wonder why they won't let him fly. Do you have any more details?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is implying that "to be gay" means "to be uncooperative / unhelpful / otherwise negative". I think that's an unfair characterization of "being gay" - not a very respectful generalization. I don't think any harm was intended - I thought I'd speak up nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, youve been pulled over by the PC police!

[ QUOTE ]
also a few weeks ago in san diego someone stole his car which had his logbook in it

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what is this guy thinking? Keeping his logbook in his car? Specially if he's flying for a carrier. I'm just a CFI and I can't imagine taking my logbook outside my room. Thats nutso!

Back