Mesa airlines and the 737

Anyone have any Insight on this?
Is this growth in a tough economy or a struggle to make it though?

Money is being spent right now by Amazon and they're vaccuming up all the air transport to flesh out their own business. Since they are a leviathan of logistics only set to become larger, they're going to spend spend spend while prices are down and try and capture the market share of UPS and Fedex. Only time will tell how long until the FAA forces Amazon to create their own certificate, if that hasn't been done already.

Anyone have any Insight on this?
Is this growth in a tough economy or a struggle to make it though?

I believe these are the birds Southern had been operating. I think they got away from them to free up more space for potential Amazon growth.

108811445_10102939570299848_4908520543732295572_n.jpg

What's with the company paid ZED fares to position?

How is that allowed by any other carrier?

They are probably banking on the other carriers not catching on. Apparently the people that are going to the DHL operation are losing their AA/UA benefits so this is their “workaround” (i loathe that word after it became the fix for everything at CP). The argument is it’s no different than jumpseating or nonrevving to and from base but pretty much every airline explicitly prohibits using pass travel for “other businesses”. With such a small number of people going to the DHL operation one would think they would pony up the money for confirmed tickets. Wonder what’s going to happen when the first person misses a report time because they got bumped by a mainline family of 7 going on vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are probably banking on the other carriers not catching on. Apparently the people that are going to the DHL operation are losing their AA/UA benefits so this is their “workaround” (i loathe that word after it became the fix for everything at CP). The argument is it’s no different than jumpseating or nonrevving to and from base but pretty much every airline explicitly prohibits using pass travel for “other businesses”. With such a small number of people going to the DHL operation one would think they would pony up the money for confirmed tickets. Wonder what’s going to happen when the first person misses a report time because they got bumped by a mainline family of 7 going on vacation

They won’t even be in CASS?!

This thing with Mesa isn't gonna last long at all. They are getting TWO whole airplanes. Southern operated five 737-400's for DHL. Two are already gone , YV gets 2 so there is one more available. They fly one leg a night and STILL cannot fly with any reliability. DHL owns these jets and will find another operator for them once Mesa complains about the revenue.

They will be in CASS. Pretty much any carrier that “home bases” pilots buys them actual confirmed tickets,not lowest priority Z fare standby travel

Ok that was my confusion. I hadn't seen anything yet about being home based, and just assumed they would be based in CVG. I know ZED agreements as I've seen them in the past don't allow this, but they may work something out with UA and AA since Mesa still flies for them. I had a former employer tell me to pay for a ZED on WN's 6am flight out of pocket instead of expensing a hotel when I had a 8am meeting out of state. We all declined to do that since it's not allowed under corporate or ZED policy. Somehow all of our bosses "paid for their own hotel" the night before, which I highly doubt.

Back