Merger?

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
Taxiing into Louisville this morning I spotted one of our B767 parked by the hangar with a replacement rudder. The rudder was clearly painted in Delta red, white and blue colors. Looked kind of funny against the brown vertical stab. Maybe we're buying Delta piece by piece.

SHhhhhhh.....no rumors until after the merger.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Yeah, they're in the procress of retrofitting your 767's with the quick-remove seats for weekend passenger service.

You didn't see ATL in the bid package for May?

I thought they were reworking the interiors on the Song A/C to half pax/half cargo. For a reduced fare the pax will help load/unload the aircraft. The new paint scheme is something like the green and blue, red and white from the leading edge of the wing forward and brown and gold from the leading edge backwards.

Dunno thought I saw it in the WSJ or something ...
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UPS now stands for Ultimate Passenger Service

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, we did that with the 72's for a couple years. Didn't work out for various reasons. Another UPS experiment that didn't work out.
crazy.gif

Yeah, but I heard from a guy who was in recurrent training that heard two guys in the break room talking about a telephone call he overheard about the IPA chairman and the DALPA chairman talking about seniority integration?

Come on Bill! You're not hearing this stuff? And how we're going to get our A-310's back from FEDEX (the ones we got when we purchased Pan Am" and start a Budapest pilot base?

(man, we're going to start a HUGE gossip storm!)

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't see ATL in the bid package for May

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Doug...You'll soon be trading in your nice cozy MD90/88 for an old Douglas-sauras DC8 seat at 3am
cool.gif
(drop, rise...drop, rise!).

Dress accordingly!
grin.gif

Nah, I bid the 72! Still have some gouge!

Hey, how can you tell if a 747 is actually a -100 series? The brown tail! Doh!

Bill, yeah I heard the passengers did not like the barcode stickers on their back, having to be signed by their receiving party, as well as being kept behind the net during flight!!

[ QUOTE ]
Bill, yeah I heard the passengers did not like the barcode stickers on their back, having to be signed by their receiving party, as well as being kept behind the net during flight!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was connecting thru the big sorting center in Louisville! Nothing like losing your carryon in a big pile of boxes and hazmat containers.

Doug from your description of the sort center it seems to sound a lot like going through ATL when flying Delta. I think these companies were made for each other and only now have they realised it.

But wait, didn't I hear somewhere that if the two do merge that management will have to ask for wage concessions because of doubling operational costs? Well that and so they can secure the management's pensions? I mean come on guys, you're only the pilots you'll have to take one for the team!
smirk.gif

Doug,

Check your email. I sent you a picture of the tail seen today on our ramp taken by one of our crewmembers.

Oh man, that's too funny!

Then you KNOW the rumor is true!

By the way, get out of my seat, we're going to staple IPA.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Doug can you send it to me, or if it is OK with the captain post it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

smile.gif
I'd have to upload it to the server and I'm not at my laptop now, but later on!

Back