Memphis PEPC

I had a decent experience at Memphis. I ended up getting Vero Beach.:nana2: Is anyone familiar with Vero?
Wow, that's a quiet airport. Only 380 operations/day according to airnav.com
Should be a fun place to start out though, don't you think?

FINALLY made it back to Utah from my PEPC...Tracon Salt Lake City. :D Interview was easy...everything else went very smoothly. Hope everyone else had a easy / somewhat enjoyable time like I did. I thought the staff was EXTREMELY professional and helpful. Always asking if you were okay and handing you water every 10 minutes. I think the "worst" part of the whole thing would have to have been the Psych exam...just because of the time it took to do. My background investigation took all of 10 minutes as all the information was already in the computer system from having a prior secret clearance. GOOD LUCK to all who haven't been, and congrats to those that made it through!

Wow, that's a quiet airport. Only 380 operations/day according to airnav.com
Should be a fun place to start out though, don't you think?

Thats what I'm hoping for. One of the ladies there said that it is a family atmosphere, and it should be a good place to get started. That's cool with me, because I'm nervous about the whole process anyway since I am a family man. The pay might not be as good though as other places, but I'm extremely happy with the assignment.

So did anyone else get pulled into the little room to discuss blemishes in their background? The lady was very nice and helpful, just wondering what everyone else's experience was. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable discussing it in an open forum.

So did anyone else get pulled into the little room to discuss blemishes in their background? The lady was very nice and helpful, just wondering what everyone else's experience was. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable discussing it in an open forum.

Yah I had to explain why I quit a job in the past and then fill out a written statement of what I had just said. No sweat and the lady seemed like I had good reason so that was a relief.

Yeah, I had to write an explanation about the two jobs I quit too. I also had to inlcude the 8 speeding citations since 2004. Only one is on my driving record but I still had to list them. I had to write that the citations were paid in full and that they were not drug or alcohol related. I was told everything should be fine. :rawk:

That's about the same that happened to me. I was charged with an M.I.P in 2002, but it was dropped, so I had to explain that, and I have a civil suit pending against a guy who didn't pay me the full amount for a car I sold him. I'm just wondering if this will in some way slow down the background process.

That's about the same that happened to me. I was charged with an M.I.P in 2002, but it was dropped, so I had to explain that, and I have a civil suit pending against a guy who didn't pay me the full amount for a car I sold him. I'm just wondering if this will in some way slow down the background process.

Not sure, the lady that I spoke with said that the "issues" will go to someone in OKC where it will be reviewed. They have two options. One being that they make a decision based on the info you have provided. As in they decide if your "issues" are serious enough to keep you from getting a FOL. The second option is they wait until the OPM completes the background check, review that info and weigh it against your "issues".

Yah, I did that at the NY PEPC for a blemish on my record... I'm really hoping everything works out (or I'll be really sad if it doesn't)

Yah, I did that at the NY PEPC for a blemish on my record... I'm really hoping everything works out (or I'll be really sad if it doesn't)

With all the emphasis on hiring so many new controllers, they can't reasonably expect everyone to have a completely clear background. I'm not advocating hiring felons, but you would think the average youthful indiscretions during college would be overlooked.

With all the emphasis on hiring so many new controllers, they can't reasonably expect everyone to have a completely clear background. I'm not advocating hiring felons, but you would think the average youthful indiscretions during college would be overlooked.

I agree...i'll be the first one to admit that in the past I have made a mistake. The important thing is that I learned my lesson and I will never make those mistakes again. Well I can not say that I will never get a speeding ticket again....that is bound to happen again...

No tickets in 8 years of driving :nana2:
Haven't even been pulled over!

Not bad!! I've been pulled over more times then I can count...but only had one ticket in my life. I was 16, had a 1967 Mercury Cougar that I had reworked the engine on...got nailed at 72 in a school zone!! LOL! Officer let me off easy though...wrote me up at 10 over. Judge changed it to 5 over and expunged it from my record.

Not bad!! I've been pulled over more times then I can count...but only had one ticket in my life. I was 16, had a 1967 Mercury Cougar that I had reworked the engine on...got nailed at 72 in a school zone!! LOL! Officer let me off easy though...wrote me up at 10 over. Judge changed it to 5 over and expunged it from my record.

72 MPH in a SCHOOL ZONE? You were lucky you weren't bent over the hood and heard the snap of a rubber glove!!!

Back