Memo warns on new hijacking attempts

And at the same time they're warning of new hijacking attempts, they're doing this.

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Transportation Security Administration wants to reduce the number of air marshals to save money, even as the government is warning about the possibility al-Qaida may try more suicide hijackings.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P28231075

What are they thinking?

They're must be people there that have their heads so far up eachothers butts, you cant tell where one ends and the other begins. Stole that from liar liar.
tongue.gif

Tom

Hmmm. It's hard to compute the logic on that one. Let me get it straight - they're warning airlines about an increased risk of hijacking, but cutting the number of and budget for air marshals. Wasn't this whole deal about protecting us from another 9/11???
mad.gif

The irony of this is I go to several news web sites and see this “Terror” story being the lead with banner ads above “Cheap Airfares Travelocity.com”, “Book your next plane ride on Expedia.com”, “The best airfares on the net Orbitz.com” I hope they are getting their moneys worth in advertising. Just when it seemed like the people that surround me at work were getting comfortable with the thought of getting on an airliner again and take a family trip this pops up. Now the talk around the office is getting in a car and driving or staying home. As if a sour economy, 9/11, SARS, etc wasn’t enough to drive this industry in the ground our wonderful media is there to save the day plastering this stuff all over the web, television and radio stations getting everyone all excited. I’m surprised Tom Ridge isn’t out with his crayola color markers changing the “Terror Level”.

[ QUOTE ]
enough to drive this industry in the ground our wonderful media is there to save the day plastering this stuff all over the web, television and radio stations getting everyone all excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

The media wouldn't have anything to "report" if the ADMINISTRATION didn't throw these red herrings out every few months with the sole purpose of scaring the population enough to keep them focused on these "wars" and not how bad our economy sucks and/or how many civil rights/liberties we've lost.
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The media wouldn't have anything to "report" if the ADMINISTRATION didn't throw these red herrings out every few months with the sole purpose of scaring the population enough to keep them focused on these "wars" and not how bad our economy sucks and/or how many civil rights/liberties we've lost.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that!

Having another aviation related attack would really stick it to us, especially after all the millions spent on "upgrading" security. I can't even imagine what that would do to the industry. Let's just hope it never happens.

Back