MEM PEPC Attire

727scheduler

Whats everybody wearing to the PEPC? It says business casual however I'm seeing threads on hear with people wearing suites.

Definitely suit it up, that is what the majority of people (both applicants and FAA staff) did at the NYC PEPC. There were some who wore slacks and khakis (casual attire) but not many.

Wear a suit. At the very least wear dress slacks, shined shoes, a shirt, and tie.

Ties are so 20th century!

old_school.jpg

When you say 20th century, do you mean employed?

Either way, I'm pretty sure you'd get the job in a polo and khakis, but who wants to be the odd man out in that room? 60 other people looking at you like you're a bum?

If you don't want to wear a suit, don't wear a suit. There were plenty of people at my PEPC who didn't wear one. The managers you see there you'll never see again. Unless you get lucky enough to be interviewed by your soon-to-be boss..

If you don't want to wear a suit, don't wear a suit.

That isn't a very mature way of looking at preparing for a job interview. It's one thing to flatter your wants and whims but when it comes to a job interview - it's best to present yourself in the most professional matter possible.

You only get a chance at a first impression once, and while the managers you meet at your PEPC may not be your boss tomorrow... they may be one day.

That isn't a very mature way of looking at preparing for a job interview. It's one thing to flatter your wants and whims but when it comes to a job interview - it's best to present yourself in the most professional matter possible.

You only get a chance at a first impression once, and while the managers you meet at your PEPC may not be your boss tomorrow... they may be one day.
To each his own.. You're guaranteed a TOL if you make it to the PEPC. Go for comfort.

Except this is not a normal job interview. This is a formality job interview. The very fact that you're at the PEPC means you already have the job. They ask everyone the same questions pretty much to just get a few minutes of face time with the applicants. As long as you give a sane answer you're good to go. Go for comfort! Khakis and a collared shirt.

That being said, I took the local interview option and, because I was being interviewed at the facility I wanted to work at (and the facility that HR hinted at me being hired to), I wore a long-sleeved shirt and a tie. No suit though. And I got recommended by my interviewer.

Anyways, that's my 46 kopecks.

I went to a Union Pacific group interview. This one kid wore a 3pc, and was so nervous, he had flashcards with interview answers. There were 3 or so others with ties, but the rest of us wore slacks and a collared shirt.

Guess who was the first to go home.

Not to say it's the suit, but it just means the suit doesn't get you the job.

Dress for the JOB, not the interview. As many many many etc. have said, it's just a formality. The FAA NEEDS eager bodies, and they're not gonna turn you away because you don't have a tie. No no, they'll do that AFTER you get to your facility.

If you wanna wear a tie, or a suit, or bus cas, just do it. there are enough other things to stress about, like how to pay a mortgage, feed your kids, all while trying to live a second life for 3 months.

:bandit: Chill.

Also, I heard a rumot that every Wednesday ... is Hawaiian shirt day.

So, you know, if you want, ... you can wear a Hawaiian shirt ... and jeans.

When you say 20th century, do you mean employed?

Either way, I'm pretty sure you'd get the job in a polo and khakis, but who wants to be the odd man out in that room? 60 other people looking at you like you're a bum?

Who cares how those other people look at you. I would be the one saying !suckers! as I hold my TOL in my hand!

I went to a Union Pacific group interview. This one kid wore a 3pc, and was so nervous, he had flashcards with interview answers. There were 3 or so others with ties, but the rest of us wore slacks and a collared shirt.

Guess who was the first to go home.

Not to say it's the suit, but it just means the suit doesn't get you the job.

Dress for the JOB, not the interview. As many many many etc. have said, it's just a formality. The FAA NEEDS eager bodies, and they're not gonna turn you away because you don't have a tie. No no, they'll do that AFTER you get to your facility.

If you wanna wear a tie, or a suit, or bus cas, just do it. there are enough other things to stress about, like how to pay a mortgage, feed your kids, all while trying to live a second life for 3 months.

:bandit: Chill.

How are you moving along in your process?

I would agree with wearing something nice such as slacks with a nice shirt and/or tie. The interview is just a formality and you would have to be a real dumb a$$ not to pass. I wore slacks, long sleeve shirt, and a tie and right after my interview I ripped that sucker off and buttoned down my shirt for the rest of the PEPC.

One note of caution is you may have a chance of getting interviewed by your actual facility manager so you might not want to be the most casual person dressed there, but a full suit, tuxedo, or cummberbund is definitely not needed to pass.

Back