MEI am I.

ERAU_Intern

Passed my MEI ride this morning at around 8:00am Arizona time. It was a cake walk if I ever saw one. 15 minute oral, and 1.3 flight. Examiner flew for half of it. Im not gonna write a book, but I can definately say, those of you working on your MEI, dont worry! Oh.......wait.......does this mean I have to get a job now???

[ QUOTE ]
Oh.......wait.......does this mean I have to get a job now???

[/ QUOTE ]
Afraid so!

Seriously, congrats. I, too, found the MEI pretty easy back in the day. Get out there and rack up some good experience!

FL270

Does that hold true if it's your initial?
shocked.gif

I'm about a month out from my ride but I'm doing MEI as my initial.

Congrats, btw.
grin.gif

I did my MEI initial, and it was still a walk in the park. In fact, my three CFI rides (MEI Initial, SEL add-on, IA add-on) were all pretty simple. Of course, I did DPE rides rather than FSDO rides for all of them. Those who have taken their CFI initials with the FSDO have reported they are harder.

Good luck!

FL270

Oh yeah, thats pretty much how it works. If you do any CFI ride at a FSDO you are gonna be flying with an FAA inspector, who may or may not be a DPE. In which case, because they dont fly as often, they are not as comfortable in airplanes, and therefore they harp on alot of things that DPE's dont. At any rate, good luck on the MEI initial! Heck, maybe we will see each other up there someday soon. Thanks for the congrats FL270. Maybe you could land me one of those nice KingAir jobs eh? No? Oh well, its always nice to dream.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the congrats FL270. Maybe you could land me one of those nice KingAir jobs eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I ever get to the regionals, you can have this one as far as I'm concerned! The pay is decent, but we fly less than two hundred hours a year and I live on a beeper in the middle of nowhere!

That, by the way, is why I spend so much time prowling JC!

FL270

Cool...congrats!
cool.gif

I don't have my MEI, but I will probably go do it eventually...maybe instead of renewing my CFI when it comes time. I don't really have a reason to get it (other than occupying space on a resume), and I am not currently instructing so I keep putting it off.

Yup, thats the only reason I did it. So I can walk my resume in to a flight school and say..."HIRE ME, I can teach any student you can send my way!" Pretty useless if you arent instructing much, but its nice to have for sure.

Back