Meeting with the FSDO.

esa17

Next week I'm meeting with the FAA to try and obtain authorization to take my A&P written exams. After speaking with the PMI who will be conducting the interview he said I would be quizzed over the typical things a mechanic would know.

I hate vague answers, they leave me feeling unprepared. To those who have been through this process before what are some of the questions I might be expected to answer? I have mounds of study materials and have been through them but my experience with the FAA is this won't be any fun.

I'd appreciate any help y'all can offer.

I used the ASA books with all the written questions in them. There is a section in the back with sample oral questions. That is pretty much all I studied and I did great.

I used the ASA books with all the written questions in them. There is a section in the back with sample oral questions. That is pretty much all I studied and I did great.
Exactly the sort of thing I was wanting to hear. Thanks man.

I did my training through a school and when I went to the fsdo they just asked for my 8610's and id and my pilot license number. But if you are doing it through civil experience then I don't know.

Back