Medical Marijuana for ATC

WoH

Okay...this has been sorta addressed, but I was hoping to get a full picture. I know you can't use marijuana at all while an ATC, but there is more to the issue.

1. Does the prior legal use of medical marijuana affect your clearance?
2. Since the ID is good for a year, what is the affect of having a valid ID during hiring even if you are not using?
3. Do you have to test clean once you are controlling, or for the initial hiring test?
4. What happens if you don't know far enough in advance to stop in time to test clean?
5. What is the best way to go about declaring the use?

I am hoping for a complete answer as to the FAA's stance on medical marijuana.

I think your best answer is... avoid it. 100%.

I'll waive if overridden by others.... I doubt I will be.

Okay...this has been sorta addressed, but I was hoping to get a full picture. I know you can't use marijuana at all while an ATC, but there is more to the issue.

1. Does the prior legal use of medical marijuana affect your clearance?
2. Since the ID is good for a year, what is the affect of having a valid ID during hiring even if you are not using?
3. Do you have to test clean once you are controlling, or for the initial hiring test?
4. What happens if you don't know far enough in advance to stop in time to test clean?
5. What is the best way to go about declaring the use?

I am hoping for a complete answer as to the FAA's stance on medical marijuana.

1) Not if it was more than 2 years ago.
2) No
3) Yes for both. They will do random testing.
4) You are screwed.
5) Just state you are using it on your application.:rolleyes:

Just out of morbid curiosity...what underlying condition necessitates your use of medical marijuana? Secondly, wouldn't a condition requiring the use more than likely be dq'ing for ATC anyways?

Just out of morbid curiosity...what underlying condition necessitates your use of medical marijuana? Secondly, wouldn't a condition requiring the use more than likely be dq'ing for ATC anyways?

1. I don't use medical marijuana
2. Yes, you might think that...but there are scores of people out there with and ID card, who don't ACTUALLY have a condition. Plus anyone can claim that they have "nausea and vomiting," two symptoms that can legally be treated with medical marijuana

1. I don't use medical marijuana
2. Yes, you might think that...but there are scores of people out there with and ID card, who don't ACTUALLY have a condition. Plus anyone can claim that they have "nausea and vomiting," two symptoms that can legally be treated with medical marijuana

I really hope I'm misunderstanding the intent of these questions.

Back