Medical Cleared with SODA!

ross9238

Figured this would be my first member announcement thread and now I can hope to add a couple more in the future. After being out for 2 years (1/2012), I'll be going back to flying as of next month at XJT as one of the many senior FOs in DTW. I'm guessing I'll be back on the line sometime in November or December depending on how quickly they can get me through.

Great news, did you do an MFT?

Yep. I was stressed about it and so did a lot of practice with an instructor on Vmc demos, single engine approaches to holds, stalls, etc. For the actual MFT, it was just a Vmc demo followed by a Single Engine ILS, to an aborted takeoff and the FAA inspector called it good.

Wow, I did my 2nd MFT for Class 1 in a 172, and we just went to the practice area and he had me pick out ground landmarks, estimate distances and check I could fly to commercial standards. No maneuvers/instrument stuff - did you combine with a checkride?

(1st MFT was for Class 3)

Wow, I did my 2nd MFT for Class 1 in a 172, and we just went to the practice area and he had me pick out ground landmarks, estimate distances and check I could fly to commercial standards. No maneuvers/instrument stuff - did you combine with a checkride?

(1st MFT was for Class 3)

No it wasn't combined with a check ride. Since I flew the Multi to the Commercial Multi standards, he signed off on it.

Ok I guess different people have different interpretations, I would have done that too if asked.

Back