Mechanic Endorsements

MidlifeFlyer

Is there some kind of equivalent of the CFI's AC 61-65E that describes and recommends the endorsements that aviation mechanics make? I'm talking about recommended wording for annuals, 100 hours, transponder, ferry permits, etc.

Thanks.

Thanks but I'm familiar with that FAR. The form endorsements in it don't cover every situation (actually, very few). If you're not familiar with it, AC 61-65 is an AC that lays out recommendations of the specific wording for virtually all CFI endorsements (including a few that aren't even required by an FAR), such as,

==============================
I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the required training of section 61.93(b)(1). I have determined that he/she is proficient to practice solo takeoffs and landings at (airport name). The takeoffs and landings at (airport name) are subject to the following conditions: (List any applicable conditions or limitations.)
/s/ [date] J. J. Jones 987654321CFI Exp. 12-31-05
==============================

I was looking for something similar for mechanic endorsements.

My company prints out work cards for that stuff. We just fill in the blanks. I don't know where they got them but they are very specific and I think they were designed just for use on SAAB 340's. Sorry, but you seem to know more on the subject than I do. :)

My company prints out work cards for that stuff. We just fill in the blanks. I don't know where they got them but they are very specific and I think they were designed just for use on SAAB 340's. Sorry, but you seem to know more on the subject than I do. :)
I doubt it. Heck, I don't even know if the source I'm looking for even exists.

I doubt it. Heck, I don't even know if the source I'm looking for even exists.

The Short answer is no, we don't have specific wordings layed out for us anywhere.

There are are few things that are listed Specifically in the FARs but like you found not a whole lot. Other than that it just tells us that it needs to include certain items, i.e. A/C registration S/N and Tach Time, and also be as descriptive as necassary to cover all work performed so that other people know what we did. But other than that it really only provides guidelines for logbook entries, that is why you see a lot of differences from entry to entry and logbook to logbook.

The Short answer is no, we don't have specific wordings layed out for us anywhere.
:yeahthat:

The only thing I can suggest is "Aircraft Inspection & Maintenance Records" by Jeppesen. This book was required for my A&P school. My copy is in my storage unit right now, but if I remember correctly it has samples of almost any form and maintenance logbook entry you can think of. I'll dig it out next time I'm over there to see if it has what you want, but that will probably be a while. Couple of weeks, anyway. It's in another town.

I'm not aware of any official FAA publication. Like Johnsc said, the FAA requires that an entry contains certain elements, but offers little guidance on the verbiage.

Back