Measured reaction

nibake

Powder hound
Now that things have slowed down I'm trying to take some time to think about multiple failures and what the appropriate reaction would be. I think the frequency of serious failures is too high and I'm getting uncomfortable with it, looking for some perspective from others. All these happened over a 5 month period.

1) Primary attitude indicator and consequently AP failure. I broke out of the tops 30 seconds before it failed completely, could have been a lot worse.

2) AP failure, resulting in descent right through minimum altitude with no warning.

3) Major electrical bus failure on startup, resulting in loss of numerous systems and some unexpected symptoms.

If any of these things happened at a different time, they could have been a lot worse. None was directly attributable to poor maintenance in a specific way, but the frequency of this kind of failure seems like either maintenance or equipment is not where it should be.

Now that things have slowed down I'm trying to take some time to think about multiple failures and what the appropriate reaction would be. I think the frequency of serious failures is too high and I'm getting uncomfortable with it, looking for some perspective from others. All these happened over a 5 month period.

1) Primary attitude indicator and consequently AP failure. I broke out of the tops 30 seconds before it failed completely, could have been a lot worse.

2) AP failure, resulting in descent right through minimum altitude with no warning.

3) Major electrical bus failure on startup, resulting in loss of numerous systems and some unexpected symptoms.

If any of these things happened at a different time, they could have been a lot worse. None was directly attributable to poor maintenance in a specific way, but the frequency of this kind of failure seems like either maintenance or equipment is not where it should be.

Lemme guess, for no 3 you blew a current limiter on start in a King Air?

Back