Me too!

Rocketman99

Frozen Guppy Manipulator
Well, in the spirit of Cruise's post...today I also added a Q400 type to my certificate! :rawk::rawk:

Thankfully, we didn't have multiple examiners or any feds in the back of our sim. Instead, we arrived at flight safety to find the sim down for mx. And still down for mx... And still down for mx... Until almost 3 hours later it was finally up and running again. It was the flying version of icing the kicker. We "started" at 8 and finally finished around 4:30.

So now back down to the hotel bar. There's a convention of real pilots going on - it's a TWA check airman annual reuinion. Talk about a room full of legends! :nana2: I'm not worthy...

I don't know if there's enough room in the EWR crew room for all three of you knuckleheads... and Qgar too!:rolleyes::D

I don't know if there's enough room in the EWR crew room for all three of you knuckleheads... and Qgar too!:rolleyes::D

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!! I'm the sane one of the group--and that's scary in and of itself. Besides, who better than me to keep the boys in line? :p

P.S. -- Oh yeah, Ed----CONGRATULATIONS! See ya soon in the new crewroom. :nana2:

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!! I'm the sane one of the group--and that's scary in and of itself. Besides, who better than me to keep the boys in line? :p

P.S. -- Oh yeah, Ed----CONGRATULATIONS! See ya soon in the new crewroom. :nana2:

Hey Q.....Keep them boys in line.....

Welcome to the fun.

It will be interesting to see if you become a 15 guy, a 35 guy or a real man like me type of guy.

Just dont tell the FOs to come over to the Q. Unfortunately (for me included) the upgrade plan is non existent in the Q unless you are a Beech of Saab captain. We have some FOs who turned down upgrade on the Saab or were close but came to the Q because they were given hopes of a fast upgrade. Now with the memo and an email to the CP it turns out that a Q FO can not uprgrade into the Q, they need to go to the Saab or Beech (if it is still around).

At least since no one is upgrading anyway it gives some of the Saab FOs a change of scenery for a while and a new type to fly and they can still upgrade in the 340 in seniority anyway with the only penalty being the seatlock. We have a few transitioned FOs though who are not to impressed with this new memo though since they were told they would upgrade at 500 in type and now they have to go back to the Saab to upgrade where they already were and could have upgraded months ago if they did not transition in the first place.

Just dont tell the FOs to come over to the Q. Unfortunately (for me included) the upgrade plan is non existent in the Q unless you are a Beech of Saab captain. We have some FOs who turned down upgrade on the Saab or were close but came to the Q because they were given hopes of a fast upgrade. Now with the memo and an email to the CP it turns out that a Q FO can not uprgrade into the Q, they need to go to the Saab or Beech (if it is still around).

At least since no one is upgrading anyway it gives some of the Saab FOs a change of scenery for a while and a new type to fly and they can still upgrade in the 340 in seniority anyway with the only penalty being the seatlock. We have a few transitioned FOs though who are not to impressed with this new memo though since they were told they would upgrade at 500 in type and now they have to go back to the Saab to upgrade where they already were and could have upgraded months ago if they did not transition in the first place.

Wow, that seems like complete BS. Nothing like being lured to the Q to be told if you want to upgrade you need to go back from where you came. If I were an FO who is getting caught up in this, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Also, I'd be certain to place my vote for ALPA. We need to stop this willy-nilly policy changing. :(

Back