MD-90 restricted type rating

Check the regs under additional ratings, you must have a certian combination of type ratings or turbine time to be issued a type in a turbojet. If you don't have the time you can still get the type, but you can't act as PIC until you have something like 25 hours in the actually aircraft supervised by a rated pilot.

It applies to turboprop type ratings as well. When I got my King Air type it was my first type, done all in a sim and it was 'restricted' - I had to have 25 hours of Supervised Operating Experience(ie a PIC rated pilot in the right seat with me). If I had done the 85/15 checkride (85% sim, 15% airplane) it would have been unrestrcited.

Jason

Wow! That is the MD90EFD that is presently in Long Beach, California, we are getting ready to move that simulator to Florida in November. Glad to see that Embry Riddle is going to get some use out of it, the simulator has a great visual on it!

[ QUOTE ]

Wow! That is the MD90EFD that is presently in Long Beach, California, we are getting ready to move that simulator to Florida in November. Glad to see that Embry Riddle is going to get some use out of it, the simulator has a great visual on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose running the EFD version? Is it the Saudis?

Whose running the EFD version? Is it the Saudis?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, yeah, the Saudi's are flying that version, they finally bought their own devices and are working on their own program. So rather than trashing the simulator, we are moving the MD90 down to Florida, oh well, sad to see it go. Last chance to take it for a ride.

[ QUOTE ]
It applies to turboprop type ratings as well. When I got my King Air type it was my first type,

[/ QUOTE ]

My first type was in the King Air 200.

Back