maybe I'm just biased ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
maybe I\'m just biased ...

But damn do I like the look the the DC-9/MD-80/717 line.

They just look fast, sleek and not Boeing!
smirk.gif

'Course my father retired off the 9-30/40s so that's where my bias comes in I suppose.

Feel free to throw cabbage ...

Re: maybe I\'m just biased ...

So far my favorite aircraft that I've ever flown in the MD-90. Looks a lot like an -88 but with hydraulic pitch assist, big "DD" V2500 engines and FADEC, man what a treat to fly. Plus an Inflight entertainment system so I don't get bugged to do PA's every 45 mins to an hour by the flight attendants!

I've heard somewhere that the 80/90s (the whole line actually, within the scope of their respective time frames) are kind of like the "sports car" of the airline fleet. The PAX don't like 'em (too small) but thery're a blast to fly.

I like the 757-200....

Long legs and two big ones.....wait a sec, are we talking about airliners?
grin.gif

Doug, the next time you are on a LAX layover, let me know, I will set up a sim ride for you in the MD90EFD. It is a MD90 with an all glass cockpit, only Saudi Arabian Airlines flies this MD90. It is in between the MD90 & the 717.......

Mike

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic! I actually chuckled out loud...nice Baronman.

Have a great weekend all, I'm going surfing for the first time since Thanksgiving....and it's supposed to rain....figures.

Surf

[ QUOTE ]

Doug, the next time you are on a LAX layover, let me know, I will set up a sim ride for you in the MD90EFD. It is a MD90 with an all glass cockpit, only Saudi Arabian Airlines flies this MD90. It is in between the MD90 & the 717.......

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool!

There are some DFW MD90 layovers in LAX in the bid package next month.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Doug

When the Delta bids are awarded, send me an email
mike.comuniello@fsbti.com
After the MD90EFD simulator ride, I will try to arrange a ride for you in the 717.
Speaking of the 717, can you send me an email, got some info for you.....

I've heard lots of rumors about the -90 EFD. Apparently, MD was pushing it hard, but Delta wanted it 'dumbed down' to match the -88's training program then completely dropped consideration after 16 copies.

[ QUOTE ]
In my mind, nothing tops the 747-400

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 4 engines and 2 levels is pretty cool! Plus I think I've 'logged' more passinger hours on 747s than any other type. Close to 180hrs and that's only flight time.

Back