May be losing an airline soon

Not all is bad! Who knows, maybe you got a shot at getting hired with hawaiian. And this is NOT the first time hawaiian would by fying into lanai and molokai. They used fly in there years ago and island air/pacific wings never really was affected.

Don't forget...you just work there. You don't owe anybody anything. If you think your ship is sinking and you have a shot at the new place, well, there is nothing like being the first in on a new seniority list.
Oh yeah I know this well. I just got here and am finally feeling comfortable. I don't want to leave yet. Plus, this not working for many months thing is nice when the wife is pregnant. :)

Not all is bad! Who knows, maybe you got a shot at getting hired with hawaiian. And this is NOT the first time hawaiian would by fying into lanai and molokai. They used fly in there years ago and island air/pacific wings never really was affected.

I worry about it being a weak time for us and we may not be up to the fight. Lots of changes and not much being approved for new flying yet.

Well, kick their asses!

Sent from my Colecovision Adam

Awwww... Hopfully you guys get that bad boy in the sky soon. Isnt the pennair contract almost up Too?

Plenty of flying to go around. It's a addition to the service provided to the islands. Just a few more round trips, take some of the pressure off the 717s.

Not to shabby of a paid vacation....now head over to Nashville Waikiki a have a cheap Mai tai!

image.jpg

Awwww... Hopfully you guys get that bad boy in the sky soon. Isnt the pennair contract almost up Too?
Yep that should be up by the end of the year when we get the second 72 and start adding the 42's. I have heard we will start doing proving flights around mid November. We shall see though, a lot of work still yet to be done.

Plenty of flying to go around. It's a addition to the service provided to the islands. Just a few more round trips, take some of the pressure off the 717s.

Not to shabby of a paid vacation....now head over to Nashville Waikiki a have a cheap Mai tai!
Well the contract says they cannot fly the ATRs to where the 717's go. They are putting the aircraft on routes we codeshare with HAL.

I have a place just down the street from Nashville and was usually there once a week haha.

Yep that should be up by the end of the year when we get the second 72 and start adding the 42's. I have heard we will start doing proving flights around mid November. We shall see though, a lot of work still yet to be done.

Hopfully a dispatch position opens up ;)

Im thinking about it, but im a rookie.. Just got my dipatchers license in june so i have no expereince..i do have a private pilot license if that makes a difference.. But yea i wouldnt mind checking it out, it Depends on work shifts and pay. Im actually on maui and would have to commute it.. Which wont be too much trouble since the dispatchers can jump on hawaiian and i believe even aloha air cargo... But i kinda dont like the idea of flying over 5 days a week.. Do you know if they offer a part time position?

Im thinking about it, but im a rookie.. Just got my dipatchers license in june so i have no expereince..i do have a private pilot license if that makes a difference.. But yea i wouldnt mind checking it out, it Depends on work shifts and pay. Im actually on maui and would have to commute it.. Which wont be too much trouble since the dispatchers can jump on hawaiian and i believe even aloha air cargo... But i kinda dont like the idea of flying over 5 days a week.. Do you know if they offer a part time position?
Yeah the jumping would be kind of hard since you are either working really early on the morning shift to possibly really late on the afternoon shift. They do have one right now who is working sort of part time. I'll email the dispatcher and see what he says.

Back