Maui Visit

Nice !! I wish I would have pursued flying while I was stationed at Pearl Harbor. That has to be some of the most beautiful flying there is. What did the flight run you in terms of $$$? I assume you paid for hte plane as well as the instructors time, or was it something different?

Pretty cool. I did the same thing (and flew the same plane) earlier this month. The winds were 20+ knots for my landing on Rwy 5, but they were out of 050 so no certificate for me either.

fly4free...rental rates out there are super high. It was $117/hr for the plane and $45/hr for the instructor I think. Our 1.9 hr flight was over $300.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice !! I wish I would have pursued flying while I was stationed at Pearl Harbor. That has to be some of the most beautiful flying there is. What did the flight run you in terms of $$$? I assume you paid for the plane as well as the instructors time, or was it something different?

[/ QUOTE ]Same as usual. As a flight instruction, not tour, operation, they have to treat these flights as instructional. So it's pretty normal in terms of the way they charge.

But not in cost. Everything that needs to be brought from the mainland is more expensive than the mainland. For comparison, the cheapest price for gas for the car was $2.35. You can just imagine the cost of avgas, especially when one company has a monopoly. This is reflected in a price of over $110 for a CE-172.

But it's well worth it.

Back