Materials for class at OKC

AFTOFAAATC

Should I just bring a notebook and some pens? Any advice from those at the academy would be appreciated. Thanks.

You will learn to hate the US Government pens. Definitely made by the lowest bidder. If you prefer a type of pen, bring your own. Also, pencils started getting harder to get around here too.

You will learn to hate the US Government pens. Definitely made by the lowest bidder. If you prefer a type of pen, bring your own. Also, pencils started getting harder to get around here too.

:laff::yeahthat:

Oh I know, I dealt with them for six years in the Air Force.

Good ol' Skilcraft pens. Made by Lighthouse-for-the Blind I believe. My squadron spends the few extra dollars and gets pens from office depot lol.

:yup: But seriously, you will HATE GI writing instruments, if you can find them get the two sided pens (black on side, red on the other) and forget the GI pencils

Never leave home without one these things are the "bomb diggity"
7520009357135do.jpg

The only advancement these have seen over the past thirty years are the rings in the middle.

Sad as it may be, I like these pens the best. China markers are too thick for all the writing you have to do on radar strips and most of the other pens smear on the thermal strips. Guess I'm the minority though.:buck:

HD

Sad as it may be, I like these pens the best. China markers are too thick for all the writing you have to do on radar strips and most of the other pens smear on the thermal strips. Guess I'm the minority though.:buck:

HD

Same here, other than the fact they are always falling apart I always thought the Guvmint specials worked the best.

fisher space pens are the way to go... never clogs, writes through grease, upside down, long lasting, etc.

Should I just bring a notebook and some pens? Any advice from those at the academy would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like others before said you really are not "required" to bring anything. I would however suggest you bring some pens, a highlighter, a notebook, and a backpack to carry home all the damn lesson plans you'll be getting.

Like others before said you really are not "required" to bring anything. I would however suggest you bring some pens, a highlighter, a notebook, and a backpack to carry home all the damn lesson plans you'll be getting.

Oh yeah got that one in the bag. Pun intended.

There was an academy supplies thread where someone mentioned a site where you could order black/red two sided pencils but I couldn't find it..... Maybe someone else can? :buck:

Back