Masters Online?

Aggiepilot

Howdy,

I was wondering if anyone had input on which is better...

I have seen both World Wide and Daytona Beach Online for the MBA in Aviation Management. Somewhere I read that the World Wide one was not accredited where the D.B. was. Does anyone have any input on these courses?

Of course Worldwide is accredited. In fact, they are both regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Worldwide is a fantastic addition for Embry-Riddle and offer several different Master of Science degrees, such as the MBAA, MSM, etc.

The difference is that one is online and one is not, although Worldwide can be 100% online or classes can be taken at satellite campuses. Its up to you. If you opt to take the degree online, make sure you are self motivated. It consists of a lot of paper writing, but really isn't bad...

Why are you looking to get your masters? Getting a MBA in Aviation Mangement wont do you much good outside the aviation world. I would get a MBA in something useful outside of aviation should your career ever take a dump in aviation.

Why are you looking to get your masters? Getting a MBA in Aviation Mangement wont do you much good outside the aviation world. I would get a MBA in something useful outside of aviation should your career ever take a dump in aviation.

:yeahthat:

+1. When I'm done with my BS, I'm going to complete a Master's program in something non-aviation related. (Especially) in this industry, it's not a necessarily a wise choice to put all of your eggs in one basket...so-to-speak.

I just finished my Masters in Administration through Central Michigan Distance program and cannot say enough good about them. There are about 20 satellite classrooms if you're into it, if not you can knock everything (at least in Administration) out online. They have regionally accreditation and do not stamp "online" on your transcripts. They also give a military discount if it applies.

I'm working on my Master of Aeronautical Science degree now, and I've taken classes both online and at the Orlando campus. In my experience, the online-only classes are more expensive and a lot more work. Also, the physical campuses allow you to pay your tuition in installments, while online classes don't. If you decide to attend a physical campus, I've heard Daytona is more expensive to attend than a satellite campus (such as Orlando). If you want to do the degree online, as far as I know (but don't quote me, ask an advisor at Riddle first) the diploma won't have any text to indicate that the degree was done online; it simply says, "Embry-Riddle." etc. Regardless of the modality you choose for your coursework, the degree is accredited. PM me if you have any questions.

I'm finishing my Masters of Science in Management (non aviation) at Riddle. I work in airport management right now at a large airport and I understand how important having the Riddle diploma CAN be for networking. My BA is in Business from a state school and I'm actually at a disadvantage compared to those with aviation management degrees like those from Riddle and LA Tech. I'll end up paying around $16k for a Masters and it took me 1.5 years to complete, all online. It will allow me to check off the "I have a Masters" box on an application, although no one will know what Riddle is if I have to find a job outside of aviation.

I plan to stick to airports... there are a lot of them anyway and aren't as cynical as airlines.

I did mine via ERAU WW, finished in Dec 2010. on our capstone we have myself and one other guy from Alaska, a lady from Daytona and a guy from New Hampshire all working a group project....glad thats done!!!

If you want to do the degree online, as far as I know (but don't quote me, ask an advisor at Riddle first) the diploma won't have any text to indicate that the degree was done online; it simply says, "Embry-Riddle." etc.

The diploma has the inscription "Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide Online" across the top. Just checked mine.

Just about to start a MS Engineering in Control Systems from University of Wisconsin Platteville online. I'll give my second to getting a degree that is not in aviation as a backup. Mine just so happens to allow me to build aircraft... or conveyor belts. Now guess which one pays more.

Back