Master in Aero

shooter13

I mentioned in another post I am sick of studying for an MBA. I have looked at the course descriptions for Embry's Distance learning Masters in Aero Science. I have a buddy who is working on that degree through extended campas and he seems to enjoy it. What I am wondering, what in the heck can I do with an MAS degree?

[ QUOTE ]
What I am wondering, what in the heck can I do with an MAS degree?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question...really nothing. I'd stick with the MBA. I'd be ticked if I went through hell for a MAS degree for nothing.

Well the MBA sucks and I am pretty sure that if I can't fly, the last thing I want to do is work in a job that I need it. I am quitting the MBA program. I just wonder what else is out there, ya know?

Well I can tell you that a masters in engineering is pretty much useless. If you want a masters just to have a masters pick something interesting and go for it.

I was in pursuit of my MBA about the time I decided I wanted to fly prof. I couldnt do both so I focused entirely on flying and have put off the MBA. I figure my mechanical engineering degree should be good enough and will fill the "college degree" square on the airline application.

Yep I gotta agree about a masters in engineering being fairly useless. In what I do (inertial navigation) you can either do it or you can't; there are PHD's that I work with that can't do it.

I think the masters in engineering will just get you a little higher starting salary and maybe start you one labor grade up. After that its up to your performance, and I think more than anything, your communication skills.

Of course what do I know? I really just want to fly airplanes!

[ QUOTE ]
what in the heck can I do with an MAS degree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start working on a PhD? Well, that and qualify for higher pay than some guy with a BS for doing the same work.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, that and qualify for higher pay than some guy with a BS for doing the same work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're talking about flying, of course.
smirk.gif

What can you do with an MAS.... Let's see.. A couple people I graduated with work for the NTSB.. I know someone who works for the FAA. I know someone else that works for an aviation safety consulting firm that does contract work for the FAA. I know someone else that works for a major airlines safety department... and so on and so on. There are many things you can do with a Masters degree in Aeronautical Science. It's a degree that will get you a job within the aviation field.

Those that think it's a useless degree don't have very much forward thinking, or have no idea what a Masters Degree program is.

Back