Mass Exodus from Delta!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
70 regular retirements in September and 210 early retirements.

Geez, we barely lose that many in a year and that's just for September alone.

I guess I should have known a few months ago when the captain got accosted by security, had his shoes removed, bags dug through by the TSA and wanded, were delayed in JFK, sat in a long queue for takeoff, got vectored throughout creation on the depature, dodged thunderstorms all the way to DFW and my captain looks over at me, takes the toothpick out of his mouth and says, "[blank] this [blank]. I think I'm gonna... Naw, I'm 52 years old and don't need this [blank]"

The next month I saw his name on the "early retired" list.

Re: Exodus from Delta!

Do you think that you are going to get upgraded anytime soon? At my airline there is an upgrade bid that comes around every few months, and God only knows when my time comes. How does it work there?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that you are going to get upgraded anytime soon? At my airline there is an upgrade bid that comes around every few months, and God only knows when my time comes. How does it work there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even thought a guy junior to me bid and was awarded MD-88 captain, I'm still way out of seniority (and interest) for upgrade.

Maybe one day, seniority permitting, but a phat raise isn't worth the loss of seniority.

Doug that is a lot of pilots for a month. Guess Delta management can now ask the union for less money. HA HA. We are hearing in ATL on the ramp they may come out with another retirement package soon for non union people. I know several who old enough now and are praying it does with some type of insurance coverage. Everyone is getting tired of the crap.

How can Delta get by like this? If there not re-calling furloughed pilots, and like 210 are leaving, either they must be cutting flights or working the rest of the pilots harder.

Yeah, no kidding - Any idea how is that gonna pan out come September, Doug? Will that affect hiring or the furlough list?

Back