Martinair

BillErvin

Peddling as fast as I can
This was in my inbox today, Enjoy!!

Thank you for your interest in Martinaire. You might have already received this information. I'm resending it again, to be certain that we didn't miss anyone.
The pay is $2050,- / month for the first year , $2250,- / month for the 2nd year. There is a 401K plan, health care and 10 days/ yr paid vacation.
We pay a $590,- cash bonus upon graduation (after successful checkride on day 8 of training) which is tax free.
Most routes are Monday afternoon / evening through Saturday morning. Regular days off are half of Saturday, all of Sunday and half of Monday there are 2-3 routes that are Monday am through Friday pm.
If you fly more than your scheduled route i.e. you fly an extra charter you can earn an extra $100,-.
You can also wash your plane twice a month … $75,- per wash.
We pay $35,- per month for each pilot’s cell phone.
You’ll need to come to ADS for an interview, score 80 % on the instrument written (50 question computer test), then fly an NDB and an ILS in a C-208B.
Check out www.exams4pilots.org to get ready for the written and also visit www.martinaire.com and read the FAQ page.
Michael Bates
Chief Pilot, Martinaire

CARAVAN PILOTS

BWD - aus (Brownwood, TX) - Full Time Route
DFW - Standby - Full Time - Need 2 Pilots
GUY - dfw (Guymon, OK) - Full Time Route

Airports in CAPITALS = Base City
Airports in lower case = Overnight City
Pilot Hiring Minimum Flight Times (C208-Captain):
1200 Hours Total Time
500 Hours Cross Country
100 Hours Night
75 Hours Instrument
Employee Benefits Include:
Medical Insurance
Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance
Medical FLEX Plan
ST Disability Insurance
LT Disability Insurance
Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Sick and Vacation
General Pilot Information:
A Hiring Pool is maintained by the Chief Pilot. A candidate must successfully complete the interview process to be in the Hiring Pool.

The interview process consists of an interview, written evaluation, and flight evaluation.

Two week training process consisting of ground school, flight training, 135 check ride, line operating experience.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you meet our hiring minimums, resumes may be sent to:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Martinaire Aviation, L.L.C.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attn: Capt. Mike Bates, Chief Pilot[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4745 Frank Luke Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Addison, TX 75001[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fax: 972-349-5755[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Email: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] mbates@martinaire.com[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

they fly into the airport i used to work at 1F0. Pilots always seemed in pretty good moods. Aircraft seemed to be in good shape.

I work there now, so if you have any questions PM me. Overall I really like it here.

The maintence is great. The paint may look ugly, and the planes are old, but when something breaks, it gets fixed quickly. No long list of deferals waiting till next month.

Dispatch does a fairly good job of managing the chaos, and will NOT pressure you to do anything unsafe or illeagle. UPS (our main customer) OTOH, only cares about getting thier boxes delivered on time and their middle managers can be pushy. However if you stand your ground, the CP will back you up.

Avoid the GUY route. It's a brutally long night, with no extra pay. It will allow you to build flight time in a hurry, however. I dread the weeks I have to cover it.

My only two gripes are pay and the lack of any real oportunity to upgrade. The company has 4 metros up in michigan, but I can't move up there. I also would like to see pay get closer to some of the other Caravan operators.

I worked there for a year. You can actually make some ok money there if you work at it. Extra money for extra legs, washing planes, etc.

But I didn't care for their management folks and was glad to find another job.

superpilot

Never heard of this company. Thanks for the post. I added to my list of future options after a good couple years as a CFI.

I was looking at Martinaire, as I will be moving to the Michigan area in a few months.

USMC, any advice?

How close do you have to live to one of thier bases?
How is the interview process?

The maintence is great. The paint may look ugly, and the planes are old, but when something breaks, it gets fixed quickly. No long list of deferals waiting till next month.

Dispatch does a fairly good job of managing the chaos, and will NOT pressure you to do anything unsafe or illeagle. UPS (our main customer) OTOH, only cares about getting thier boxes delivered on time and their middle managers can be pushy. However if you stand your ground, the CP will back you up.

:yeahthat:

I flew for Martinaire until last July so if anyone needs info, you can PM me as well.

Good company, really enjoyed my time there...if things were to go downhill where I am now, I would seriously consider flying for Martinaire again.

USMC - isn't the GUY route the one that will just about max out your hours per month/year?

How close do you have to live to one of thier bases?

When I flew for MRA, I lived about 30 minutes from the base airport. I don't think it really matters as long as you can make your show time.

How is the interview process?

The interview process consists of an interview, written evaluation, and flight evaluation.

You’ll need to come to ADS for an interview, score 80 % on the instrument written (50 question computer test), then fly an NDB and an ILS in a C-208B.
Looks like nothing much has really changed from when I did my interview with the exception of the aircraft used and the approaches flown. When I did my interview, we used their C-210 and flew a VOR-A and ILS rather than the NDB and ILS.

The test is straight forward, nothing tricky...basic part 91 and IFR questions.

I'm bumping this thread because we have openings for 4 pilots right now. If you send me your resume, I'll walk it into the CP.

Quite a few of my old colleagues (CFIs I was with) have worked there and not many of them like it. Especially some of the schedules suck balls, although it could work for some people. Fly somewhere in the ass hours of the morning, sit for 8-10 hours, fly back. The only way I could see it working is if you got a second job and were working for those 8 hours!

Back