Marine Air Contract

jrflight

Would taking Riddlin as a child disqualify you from being awarded an Air contract with the Marines? What about childhood asthma?

Don't just talk to a recruiter, ask others like you are doing and recruiters.

Somebody with answers will be along shortly.

You should research www.airwarriors.com.

If you are interested in Marine Air, talk to an OSO, Officer Selection Office(r), not an enlisted recruiter. Two different animals.

An OSO will have that answer, it not he'll get it from NAVMED.

Good luck.

Go talk to your OSO. I got my air contract today, and the OSO was telling me about all the different waivers people get from day to day. People are even getting waivers for not scoring well enough on the ASTB. Also were you diagnosed with ADD, or just prescribed Riddlin, because that could make a difference. As for asthma based on my experience at MEPS I think it is a big no no, if you don't have symptoms anymore I think silence on the subject would be your friend.

Ritalin DQ's you for ATC so i would imagine that it also does for SNA/SNFO. As always check with a recruiter.

Yes and yes.

Also, be advised of your thread placement FAIL!

There is a military forum as well as an "ask a doc" forum.

Better luck next time.

Childhood asthma shouldn't be a problem. They look to see if you had it past a certain age. I didn't have it after 10, and it wasn't a problem.

Would taking Riddlin as a child disqualify you from being awarded an Air contract with the Marines? What about childhood asthma?

You should follow what the above posters said.

If the medical guidelines for marine flying are anything like our civilian medical, if you were diagnosed with ADD, ADHD or something similar, you will probably be jumping through a lot of hoops.

Back