MAPD or ATP

RPM

I'm getting ready to start my flight training and would like some advice on which route to take. It seems both MAPD and ATP career pilot program have advantages.
With MAPD you get the guaranteed interview but if your not hired your not a very marketable pilot with low time and no instructor ratings.
Any advice on which way to go would be helpful - thanks

Here is my .02.

If I were sitting in your shoes. I would probably go with ATP, based on the fact that when you finish the program you will be an instructor in the Seminole and have a ton of multi time already.

If you are still looking at mesa then you could go off and do the pace program but by the time you are done with all your ratings you may have enough to just interview to get a job based on the amount of multi you would have. Depends on what happends between now and then with the airline industry.

As a multi instructor at ATP you would also be making about the same if not more money then a Mesa FO and just gain all the multi for a year or two as an instructor and go for a higher paying FO position in a different airline.

Others will have there thought but there are mine. Goodluck with whatever option you may choose.

I believe that you would have more options doing it this way also.

Well I am graduating from ERAU Daytona Beach in May with all ratings other than CFI II MEI. I will have 10 hrs in CRJ sim and I am planning on going to the PACE program with Mesa. Sorta like the MAPD but only the CRJ and Baron side of it.

If I had to do it all over again I probably would have gone to ATP and just gotten a Aero Sci degree somewhere else and saved a whole lot of money. I am looking at about 150k coming out of here. So I need a job fast.

If Mesa is still hiring in May the way they are right now, going to PACE would be a smart choice.

I am still taking a chance with them though because the earliest class I can get into is Aug so 5 months from that puts me at Jan. So that is when I would get hired if I do everything is good but if I don't then I am back to the drawing board with more debt and no job productability.

I gotta go with Taz here. If I had the $35K, I would fo sho do the ATP program. While you're instructing there, you could get your degree either on-line or locally. After about two or three years, you would be hella marketable. I don't think ATP GUARANTEES an instructing job, though. Personally, I'm finishing up my CMEL, getting my AS on-line and heading to MAPD hopefully next Aug.

Hey What is the requirement for school for the pace program.

I will have a BS in Aero Sci, will I have to take any other classes other than CRJ ground school?

School reqs are an associates degree, so I think you're good.
smile.gif
Class we're gonna have to take are the instrument refresher, multi-engine and the CL-65 systems.

Back