Management

Take a re-look at 14 CFR 91.119(d)(1). It’s not restricted to only law enforcement.

I know the reg but also 91.13 says no person may operate an aircraft in a unsafe or reckless manner and I know ATC isnt clearing them that low over a densely populated area. Because there are power lines that are not lit and my neighbors is a chopper pilot and they won’t even let them go any lower than 500 AGL especially when they are circling.

I know the reg but also 91.13 says no person may operate an aircraft in a unsafe or reckless manner and I know ATC isnt clearing them that low over a densely populated area. Because there are power lines that are not lit and my neighbors is a chopper pilot and they won’t even let them go any lower than 500 AGL especially when they are circling.
What class of airspace was this?

My house sits inside of Class B, 5 miles from landing on 19L/R in LAS…

This helicopter was so low that I saw dirt coming off the top.

that’s on the pilot to judge, the safety of the altitude. The whole 91.13 thing.

Most places away from an airport, ATC won’t clear a helo to take off or land; they’re usually given an “own risk” instruction. Who knows what coordination was going on with them. If they’re outside the surface area, then the altitude is on the helo pilot vice any ATC clearance.

My house sits inside of Class B, 5 miles from landing on 19L/R in LAS…

This helicopter was so low that I saw dirt coming off the top.

you say there’s power lines that aren’t lit, and yet you saw dirt coming off the top? Was this day or night?

Most all powerlines aren’t lit. Helos still operate fine around them if the pilot is aware of their location, or illuminates them with a landing or searchlight, or has NVGs. Nothing reckless or unsafe about that at all.

Back