Management

IamNegan

Just saw the whole thread about Allegiant got pulled….wonder why the whole post and not just the idiot who put on a rant….

I wanted to chime my 2 cents…I have worked with a few people at Allegiant and from what I understand, the environment prior to the current management was toxic, the attrition was high and the moral was extremely low but has gotten a lot better and there has been improvements to the job itself. If that is true, that is good managemen!

Management won’t always be perfect, they strive to do their best but can’t make everyone happy - it’s like that everywhere. I have had some managers who shouldn’t even be in charge of a potato peeler and some who have been great leaders who are often hard to replace. The good ones are ones you can just walk up to, ask a question no matter how dumb it may be, throw a idea and have them listen and maybe put it into play.

If for some reason, that person who attacked and called out people by name is reading this, I really pray to god that your heart will humble and realize your mistake - it was just not very unprofessional but uncalled for and very disrespectful. If you still work at Allegiant, I really hope you ask for forgiveness from your management and the ones you call out.

A question about the two who supposedly went to your manager to “tell” on you: Do you really know that are telling on you? Do you know what the conversation is really about? Are you doing some that you shouldn’t? Has that manager approached you and inquired about those alleged actions?

Lastly, it sounds like you have problems deeper that need help from a professional, you sound like you want to blame others rather than take responsible. The behavior you exhibited in your remarks show that such behavior is a red flag. Please get help! I will pray for you!

Someone made a long post about Allegiant Dispatch Department culture including names and specific violations. Some of it was direct insults but most of it was just examples of bad management. I wouldn't post specific names myself, but I think the OP of THIS post is out of line for suggesting the whistleblower needs professional help based on a single post. I'm guessing Negan here has close ties to Allegiant management one way or another. IMO both of these posts are red flags for me. I was glad to get a report from the inside. It was rough around the edges and I took it with some salt, but I think it's important to know the culture of different places and apart from personally knowing someone inside, this is one of the only options to get reports that aren't polished.

I have a general policy against giving out people's real names on message boards...especially when they aren't a participant on said board. It's important to remember this forum is open to anyone with an internet connection, and I know more than one person who's been verbally counseled by management over messages they posted here. In one case, while no reason was officially given, someone was even let go during probation soon after posting something here about their airline. Remember, dispatch is a small community, and you don't want to get a bad reputation - especially when you're trying to get hired by a larger carrier.

Last edited:
Someone made a long post about Allegiant Dispatch Department culture including names and specific violations. Some of it was direct insults but most of it was just examples of bad management. I wouldn't post specific names myself, but I think the OP of THIS post is out of line for suggesting the whistleblower needs professional help based on a single post. I'm guessing Negan here has close ties to Allegiant management one way or another. IMO both of these posts are red flags for me. I was glad to get a report from the inside. It was rough around the edges and I took it with some salt, but I think it's important to know the culture of different places and apart from personally knowing someone inside, this is one of the only options to get reports that aren't polished.

I agree, this thread seems sus too.. if the OP of this thread is gonna call out the person that publicized the names, then why not address some of the concerns that were raised by them too? instead, it went personal; then again if it's allegiant management, i wouldn't be surprised.

it's sad that the whistleblower always gets castigated and people are quick to point out that "aViAtIoN iS a SmAlL wOrLd"... if the accusations are true, getting a bad reputation is the least of my concerns as a certificate holder.

it's sad that the whistleblower always gets castigated and people are quick to point out that "aViAtIoN iS a SmAlL wOrLd"... if the accusations are true, getting a bad reputation is the least of my concerns as a certificate holder.

Calling out a particular airline for having workplace/culture issues is one thing...I have done that before myself. Calling out specific employees by name is another matter...as I said before, I'm not a fan. In the end, everyone has to make their own decision on the matter.

Last edited:
I promised myself that I would not respond to the other post that was pulled down or this one but I feel that there needs to be some air cleared to discredit the poster of the first post.

I work for Allegiant and have been their for 9 years. The culture now vs when I first started was completely different for the worse, it has very much improved - it’s not paradise but it decent, not to the point where I want to look for another job. Because of the two who currently run our department were part of the toxic work culture, they have made a lot of effort in turning things around for the better not just for moral but for making our jobs easier with further automation. I may not always agree with some decision they make but I respect them because there is a reason behind it. Management is going to have its issues not matter where you work if it is at Allegiant, Delta or Spirit to working at Disneyland or a hotel on the strip. And NO not every R&I issue is due to “screw ups” most are because of new flight ops policy to be on the same page and policy changes.

I have never felt like I been put into a position where I felt forced to release a flight that was not legal nor unsafe. If It was not legal nor safe, I said something and explained my reason why. I was never a once questioned about my decision. Furthermore, you have joint authority with the captain - who also has a say so as well. An example, few weeks LAX had crap mins, legal to go but because of the trend - I felt it wasn’t smart to send the flight and so did the coordinator…..guess what! No getting questioned about it!

As for the ones called out on going to our manager to tell on others….do you really know they were telling on you or having a legitimate question because I talk to my manager all the time. The two who said they were going to our manager may not be people who I hang out with outside work, it’s not that I don’t want to hang out with them but because of our schedules, where we all live in Vegas and I have obligations as a father and husband but they are still my coworkers and who I do consider friends who are good people and we may not always see eye to eye but we all come to do a job that get along.

There is teamwork in our department, I am one who always asks if anyone needs help and there are a good number of other who will, if not everyone, so I have no clue why you say there is no team work in our department.

I think the OP of THIS post is out of line for suggesting the whistleblower needs professional help based on a single post. I'm guessing Negan here has close ties to Allegiant management one way or another.

I do not mean any disrespect toward you but this person is NOT a whistleblower, especially when they start calling out names which for me is a red flag because you are doing it on a platform like this…there is a tactful way to bring light to a problem and bringing them out on a social media platform is not the way to do it. I understand where Negan is coming from, especially in the world we live in today - there has been cases in the past there names were called out on social media and something happen and yes this is a sign that one needs help because there is some sort of anger that is just being kept inside because I recently went they this when my dad passed away..I came very close of throwing a lot of things away keeping things inside.

Look, believe what you want about Allegiant, for me it is a great place to work - like I said, it’s not paradise but is good. We all get along great, there is a lot of humor among us and there is uncomfortableness among us.

So, if you have any questions please ask!

I agree, this thread seems sus too.. if the OP of this thread is gonna call out the person that publicized the names, then why not address some of the concerns that were raised by them too? instead, it went personal; then again if it's allegiant management, i wouldn't be surprised.

How does this seem “sus”?

I have a hard time with the term “whistleblower” being used because it’s seems more personal than a whistleblower thing. Even my worst enemy I would not call out on social media. There are ways to bring things to light, like going to the FAA directly because I know they do look into questionable things and the only reason I know why is because I reached out to the FAA about a chopper flying a lot lower than it should have been that was not law enforcement.

I don’t think anyone of the post were chastising this person but I think it was more of the name calling.

Just saw the whole thread about Allegiant got pulled….wonder why the whole post and not just the idiot who put on a rant….

I wanted to chime my 2 cents…I have worked with a few people at Allegiant and from what I understand, the environment prior to the current management was toxic, the attrition was high and the moral was extremely low but has gotten a lot better and there has been improvements to the job itself. If that is true, that is good managemen!
So that post was that referring to old management or CURRENT management? Seems like old management but after reading that post if it was current management than the toxicity/attrition might be high with low moral.

So that post was that referring to old management or CURRENT management? Seems like old management but after reading that post if it was current management than the toxicity/attrition might be high with low moral.

it’s referring to current but I will testify that the claim is completely unfounded, whoever this person has no idea what culture was like prior to our current management, both the director and manager were dispatchers during toxic environment. There was a lot of attrition with low moral.…The attrition now is lower and moral is better that the prior regime.

I don’t want to come off as sugar coating this but I am one who is not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I am one of the most honest guys out there.

Everyone I work with I consider my friends, even tho we don’t hang out because of the reasons I mentioned in my last post…honestly, the everyone in the OCC gets along.

Just a question for anyone…doesn’t it seem odd that that person who bashed management and the other, it was their firs post?

it’s referring to current but I will testify that the claim is completely unfounded, whoever this person has no idea what culture was like prior to our current management, both the director and manager were dispatchers during toxic environment. There was a lot of attrition with low moral.…The attrition now is lower and moral is better that the prior regime.

I don’t want to come off as sugar coating this but I am one who is not afraid to admit when I am wrong and I am one of the most honest guys out there.

Everyone I work with I consider my friends, even tho we don’t hang out because of the reasons I mentioned in my last post…honestly, the everyone in the OCC gets along.

Just a question for anyone…doesn’t it seem odd that that person who bashed management and the other, it was their firs post?
I don’t think it odd and I don’t think it’s really their first post. I would expect anyone with an IQ higher then 10, before posting something like that, to go and make up a fake email and a brand new account here so that it would not be traced back to him/her.

I don’t think it odd and I don’t think it’s really their first post. I would expect anyone with an IQ higher then 10, before posting something like that, to go and make up a fake email and a brand new account here so that it would not be traced back to him/her.

If, ( and that is a fair if,) the poster of the name dropping post is inside at Allegiant and dumb enough to have posted from a company computer, then there will be a record directly linking to a company user profile.

Really?

Person has been a member since last December, no posts since joining and their only post has been pulled and you don’t think that is odd? I don’t think I can pull messages that I have wrote on here.

701F7D67-5621-40F4-B0FE-6094B4200C80.jpeg
0FAE96E1-0824-4872-B218-1D200165A1C2.jpeg

If, ( and that is a fair if,) the poster of the name dropping post is inside at Allegiant and dumb enough to have posted from a company computer, then there will be a record directly linking to a company user profile.

We shall see..judging by the account, it would not surprise me.
I really would like to see that person come on here and say thing.

I'll be honest, from the outside looking in the removed post made Allegiant look bad. This thread makes Allegiant look worse. We have one person unprofessionally and angerly putting management and coworkers on blast, and then this thread we have people doing damage control trying to defend Allegiant and identify the person. Just screams toxic drama filled environment all the way around.

Really?

Person has been a member since last December, no posts since joining and their only post has been pulled and you don’t think that is odd? I don’t think I can pull messages that I have wrote on here.

View attachment 62050View attachment 62051
Yes, no posts ever by this person makes sense. If this person did post before I would expect them to creat a new profile before naming names. It’s very simple to start a new profile, he/she would have to be a complete idiot to name names from a profile that made prior post which might allow someone to figure out the person behind the screen name

There was some valuable information on that thread before it went left. Admins, is it possible to restore the thread and remove the problematic posts and replies to it?

Back