Man lived inside Chicago airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say

Oxman

CHICAGO (WGN) — A man who was living inside O’Hare International Airport managed to escape detection for three months, according to prosecutors.

Aditya Singh, 36, is charged with felony criminal trespass to a restricted area of an airport and misdemeanor theft. Police said Singh claimed he was too afraid to fly home to California because of COVID-19.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Singh arrived at O’Hare from Los Angeles on Oct. 19 and lived in the airport’s security zone since then.

On Sunday, Cook County Judge Susana Ortiz reacted incredulously after a prosecutor detailed the allegations.

“So if I understand you correctly,” Ortiz said, “you’re telling me that an unauthorized, nonemployee individual was allegedly living within a secure part of the O’Hare airport terminal from Oct. 19, 2020, to Jan. 16, 2021, and was not detected? I want to understand you correctly.”

Prosecutors say two United Airlines employees asked him for credentials this weekend. He allegedly showed a badge that an operations manager had reported missing in October.

The employees called 911, and Singh was taken into custody around 11:10 a.m. Saturday in Terminal 2.

He is due back in court Jan. 27.

Has anyone checked to see if maybe he was just a reserve FO?
1610993143606.png

Has anyone checked to see if maybe he was just a reserve FO?
All the feels right there, that could've been me during my formative years as a regional perma-reserve. I mean, I knew Starbucks employees, gate agents, the guys at the 'Greek Place', even a couple of TSA folks, among others - as a commuter at one of the world's busiest airports. Had my favorite hiding spots on ready reserve, probably should've just given O'hare airport tours...

The Peterman Reality Tour of O'hare. Nice ring to it.

Isn't that ORD in a nutshell? Why is everyone there so angry all the time?
"People in the midwest are so friendly!"

You guys talking about this place? It's got the BEST gyro plates

Skybridge Restaurant & Bar
Between that place and Frontera and as much ready reserve as I sat I'm amazed I'm not 500lbs and flat broke. Everything else food-wise in that place sucks, which is pretty sad for as big and busy of an airport as it is.

"People in the midwest are so friendly!"

Between that place and Frontera and as much ready reserve as I sat I'm amazed I'm not 500lbs and flat broke. Everything else food-wise in that place sucks, which is pretty sad for as big and busy of an airport as it is.

I liked the Chicago dog place alright.

All the feels right there, that could've been me during my formative years as a regional perma-reserve. I mean, I knew Starbucks employees, gate agents, the guys at the 'Greek Place', even a couple of TSA folks, among others - as a commuter at one of the world's busiest airports. Had my favorite hiding spots on ready reserve, probably should've just given O'hare airport tours...

The Peterman Reality Tour of O'hare. Nice ring to it.

I haven’t been through ORD on 8 years but I see Greek place is still there! I tell everyone to go there.

That place, and the wonderful Russian mob money laundering scheme that was the Hilton gym, got me through years of O’Hare commuting.

Back