Major goof up on Monday Memphis PEPC

but they did get fingerprints so really it only pertains to the drug test and medical EKG and all.

But then again, fingerprints don't say your name...

I bet they just take the fingerprints and run them in an FBI check. I doubt they actually correlate the fingerprint to a PARTICULAR name on a DMV record. (Heck, if you don't have a driver's license, then the govt. doesn't even have your fingerprints, so who's to say they know those fingerprints are yours?)

You could potentially have someone ELSE give fingerprints, and a quick check on FBI files would fail to reveal problems.

The only way is they later asked you to give fingerprints AGAIN, and verify that with picture ID.

Just wondering if those of you who where there Tuesday, Wednesday or today were required to show ID?

It was very obvious on Wednesday that the FAA monitors these pages. I was asked about it on a couple of different occasions. My interviewer told me he knew the questions were available here & asked if I had seen them. He told me he didn't really care either way because he uses his own questions. All in all they were very similar to what can be found here.

As far as the ID goes I was asked three different times to show it. Once for the drug test, once before the fingerprinting, & also for the medical. The people in Memphis realized the screwed up on Monday. As I was waiting for my medical papers to be signed off I overheard the doctors discussing this page. One of them was on the phone & pulled this up right there at his desk. They were going back & forth about it for at least 10 minutes while I waited. He was not very happy at all.

But then again, fingerprints don't say your name...

I bet they just take the fingerprints and run them in an FBI check. I doubt they actually correlate the fingerprint to a PARTICULAR name on a DMV record. (Heck, if you don't have a driver's license, then the govt. doesn't even have your fingerprints, so who's to say they know those fingerprints are yours?)

You could potentially have someone ELSE give fingerprints, and a quick check on FBI files would fail to reveal problems.

The only way is they later asked you to give fingerprints AGAIN, and verify that with picture ID.
What state has you fingerprinted to get a license?? I know WA and OR don't.

I was asked for my ID when I first walked in the door and the ladies made a joke of looking at it very closely. Florida does not fingerprint for DL's either. Anyone else from the Memphis PEPC going to ZJX?

What state has you fingerprinted to get a license?? I know WA and OR don't.

No fingerprints for a license in NJ, but growing up, we were fingerprinted every 2-3 years by some police officers in school so someone has about 4 copies of my fingerprints...

No fingerprints for a license in NJ, but growing up, we were fingerprinted every 2-3 years by some police officers in school so someone has about 4 copies of my fingerprints...

Whoa, that's weird...
(little criminal children i see :crazy:)

I don't have to tell them about the felonies I was convicted of when I was 7, right? :panic:

Not this year sir.

Currently they're still working on exhausting their supply of 18 year olds.
Next year when the FAA hire 14 year olds, they'll need your felonies from when you were 7 years old.

Hmm, then the year after that, when they go after 7 year olds... we'll get threads like "Hey, what do I put down for my address when I wasn't born yet?"

instructor: "today we will learn about the VFR weather minimum requirements... FAR Part91.155 states Class B... 3 miles, clear of clouds"

little Jimmy (ATCer in training): "hey instructor guy, how long is a mile!?"

child_in_suit.jpg

I was asked for my ID when I first walked in the door and the ladies made a joke of looking at it very closely. Florida does not fingerprint for DL's either. Anyone else from the Memphis PEPC going to ZJX?

I am (if all goes well with clearances)
there are a few others on this board going there as well.

I attended the Wednesday PEPC in Memphis...was asked for ID the second I walked in the door. I was asked again at the physical and again at the drug screening. They must've collaborated and decided to verify periodically.

I don't think it is illegal. They use the photo ID to make a positive identification of the individual being tested. There are other ways to do this without using an ID, including identification of the individual by an agency representative.

It is clear that the spirit of the photo ID requirement is to identify the person being tested. Fingerprints are much more accurate than photo IDs so I do not think there was any illegal activity taking place here. That, in my opinion, makes this a petty issue.

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/library/weekly/aa090301-6.htm

Fine. 49CFR part 40. Read it.
http://www.dot.gov/ost/dapc/NEW_DOCS/part40.html?proc

Not that I care either way, or that it matters in particular, I just like to back my statements :)

You're right, for FAA guidelines a rep. or manager (drug program coord., etc.) CAN identify the person being tested. My point was simply that it's hard to believe they made it through the entire day w/o showing an ID once...

I mean, this is the FAA, the folks who requested video/audio during our AT-SAT, so I'm sure they know who's who, I just found it a little strange is all. I didn't mean to cause an uproar :D

Back