M.B. Airways California Flight School

Houndog5

I, like so many others, am looking for a flight school to get started. Has anyone heard of M.B. Airways Flight School? They are based in Van Nuys, CA. Any other recomendations for the Los Angeles area? Long Beach, Van Nuys, Santa Monica are all within striking distance.
Thanks for the insight.

Is John Wayne too far? I did some training out of there for a commercial add-on and had a very good experience. It is a busy airport which has it's plusses and minuses .... goods are you get used to the airspace, ATC, and being around the big jets. Bads include delays to get off the ground or land sometimes. One other good thing about SNA is there are several practice areas within 5-10 miles (e.g. El Toro).

I would speak to SkyGuyEd he is about a month away from getting his CFI. He is a really good pilot - I have flown with him many times. He will even trade ground instruction for beer - not a bad deal really!

[ QUOTE ]
He will even trade ground instruction for beer - not a bad deal really!

[/ QUOTE ]Even for pre-flight instructon?
wink.gif

I honestly do not know how it all works - I just know we joked about trading instruction for beer, and Ed turns around with that is a good idea; I might do it. I think it is going to be in a 6-Pack to take home, not sharing while the ground is being taught.

Hound,

I instruct down at Long Beach and sent you a PM with my contact info if you have any questions. -Mark

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly do not know how it all works - I just know we joked about trading instruction for beer, and Ed turns around with that is a good idea; I might do it. I think it is going to be in a 6-Pack to take home, not sharing while the ground is being taught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to undercut the working CFIs out there...

Everyone knows that the going rate for gound instruction is a case of beer! Schlitz that is.

wink.gif

Dave

Thanks Mark..... Any other instructors at Long Beach looking for a new student? I'd like to meet a couple before making the final decision...
Any recommendations would also be helpful.
What are some good questions to ask a potential instructor?

Thanks,

Don

Everyone knows that the going rate for gound instruction is a case of beer! Schlitz that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schlitz?!????? You trying to kill the guy? Blyuck!!!! Case of MGD if you are feeling cheap.

Back