Lynx - Do they use a seniority list?

Timbuff10

Interviewed and got "hired into the pool" back in September with about 10 others for a class that was supposed to happen within a few weeks but then got pushed back till the beginning of the year, which is now. Can't help but notice they have classes going on now, yet I am not in it but they have also conducted interviews recently.

Anyway, what I am wondering... Do airlines typically treat hiring pools as first come first serve or is this just the way Lynx does things? I know seniority lists don't apply till you are an employee, but it seems shady.

Anyone else in the Lynx pool?

A Mesa DHC-8 Captain that got hired at Lynx a while back quit after just like 3-4 months because Lynx would keep putting new hires above him on the seniority list because at the time it was the only way to attract new pilots. They don't have a union or a CBA so while they do have a "seniority list" it is more of a guideline, there is nothing forcing the company to use it at all.

Ah. . .I see now. . .which explains why they don't require one to resign a seniority number.

Crystal clear now.

Interviewed and got "hired into the pool" back in September with about 10 others for a class that was supposed to happen within a few weeks but then got pushed back till the beginning of the year, which is now. Can't help but notice they have classes going on now, yet I am not in it but they have also conducted interviews recently.

Anyway, what I am wondering... Do airlines typically treat hiring pools as first come first serve or is this just the way Lynx does things? I know seniority lists don't apply till you are an employee, but it seems shady.

Anyone else in the Lynx pool?

Hey buddy...that does sound kinda shady to me as well. I work for the mainline (Frontier) as a ramp agent. we don't have unions on the ramp, but seniority lists are mandatory. Lynx simply operates as a subsidiary, but am suprised they don't have one. Have you contacted the Chief Pilot Dana L? I can't remember her last name, but if you know it PM it to me and I will PM you her contact info unless you already have. Good luck!

I just interviewed with Lynx a few days ago. Haven't heard anything, yet even though they told us we should know by the end of the week. They are filling a class for March 2. They have probably filled it by now. There was a guy who interviewed Thursday and got the job offer for the March class the next day. He had previous Dash experience. According to him, he was told they are only taking people with Dash experience and internal recommendations. It sucks, but they can be picky as to who they want right now. I think if you are hired, first to interview should have first dibbs on class date. They seem to do whatever fits their needs. I was told there might be more classes, but not until June or later down the road. Overall, I'm not sure how I feel yet about the company itself, but it would be a job. Everyone had mixed feelings after the interview, which seemed a bit unorganized.

Yeah, when I used to work at Frontier, they were always a class act, very organized, never tried to screw people over. The reason why they worked so well without a union, was that management never let problems like this arise. They knew if they took care of us, there was no need for us to try and get a union. It seems the Frontier philosophy has either changed, or didn't trickle down to Lynx when they got started.

Hopefully some of those other airlines that furloughed will call their people back soon and Lynx will have again to replace all those that go back to their old job and didnt have to give up their old seniority #.

Back