LVLD sim

comair25

I have a quick question from you guys. Ive done searches on this forum and on google but have come up with nothing. I am going to do a long x-country in a duchess hopefully this summer once I get my multi IFR. I have wanted to fly in a lvlD sim onetime. I have some friends that have once did it, usually with AA, or UA. They got in because of connections, but is there any airline that is allowing people off the street to get in one? I have a couple friends at Mesaba,Express Jet, and Mesa, *one lives other side of the country, one went on LOA, and the other I rarley talk to.* I would love to do it with F9, but with the times that they are now I doubt anyone is doing it. Would they make any exceptions with a current pilot?, maybe with a backround check or something along those lines, Im not sure how big it is. I about calling F9, but I thought I would ask here first, as it would be kinda odd and Im sure. You never know though, I flew into Hobby one time in a cessna, we were driving passed the tower and decided to give them a call to do a tower tour, they said sure comon up. It was that easy. Any help anyone can give would be great. Thx!

I just got back from doing it with UA last night, thanks to connections with an LCA.

All we had to do security wise was give them an SSN, and get a photo-ID made on site, and we were able to observe the full two day PT re-currency training, and have 4 hours in an A320 sim.

Full story coming soon.

During my senior year of high school last year we started an Aviation Club and got into the CRJ-200 sim at CAE in Denver just by calling them up and saying, "Hey, we have a small group of future pilots here that would like to check the place out."

They went above and beyond what we were expecting. We all recieved gift bags from them, and had a full tour from one of the instructors, and all recieved time in the sim in motion. Awesome experiance.

2.8 in the A320, 1.5 ground in the 777-200 and .5 ground in the 737-333. That was a fun trip Curt!

well, I guess the best thing to do is just call the Corporate Office at F9 and try to explain what I would like to do. Not sure how its going to go over. Never hurts to ask though.

During my senior year of high school last year we started an Aviation Club and got into the CRJ-200 sim at CAE in Denver just by calling them up and saying, "Hey, we have a small group of future pilots here that would like to check the place out."

They went above and beyond what we were expecting. We all recieved gift bags from them, and had a full tour from one of the instructors, and all recieved time in the sim in motion. Awesome experiance.

How did you get in contact with them?

Funny how one person's desire is another's PITH. I usually look at a visit to the schoolhouse as an imposition on my time. Although, I have been accused of becoming a grumpy old man. Good luck with your quest!

340 hours in a Beechjet Level-D...yikes!

They are certainly amazing machines. Our Beechjet sims run about 24/7 and those poor things take a beating. One of our sims currently has "double-vision" on the captain's side, it flickers between day and night, vertical speed hold is about 200fpm off, and the pilot-heat flicks on and off which throws off a master caution at really bad times...i.e. V1. Good practice though!

I have a quick question from you guys. Ive done searches on this forum and on google but have come up with nothing. I am going to do a long x-country in a duchess hopefully this summer once I get my multi IFR. I have wanted to fly in a lvlD sim onetime. I have some friends that have once did it, usually with AA, or UA. They got in because of connections, but is there any airline that is allowing people off the street to get in one? I have a couple friends at Mesaba,Express Jet, and Mesa, *one lives other side of the country, one went on LOA, and the other I rarley talk to.* I would love to do it with F9, but with the times that they are now I doubt anyone is doing it. Would they make any exceptions with a current pilot?, maybe with a backround check or something along those lines, Im not sure how big it is. I about calling F9, but I thought I would ask here first, as it would be kinda odd and Im sure. You never know though, I flew into Hobby one time in a cessna, we were driving passed the tower and decided to give them a call to do a tower tour, they said sure comon up. It was that easy. Any help anyone can give would be great. Thx!

Youll have better luck at a place that owns their own sims. I cant imagine any regional airline owns sims. They have to pay someone like flight safety to use them. So they arent going to give out time to just anyone.

I dont know which ones exactly, but most of the Majors (maybe all?) own their own sims so they dont pay an outside contractor to use them, so you would have a better chance at getting some time as an outsider.

Youll have better luck at a place that owns their own sims. I cant imagine any regional airline owns sims. They have to pay someone like flight safety to use them. So they arent going to give out time to just anyone.

I dont know which ones exactly, but most of the Majors (maybe all?) own their own sims so they dont pay an outside contractor to use them, so you would have a better chance at getting some time as an outsider.

There are a couple regionals that own sims.

Also, aeroservices in MIA (if you're close by, but I don't think you are) would be a good place to look

Funny how one person's desire is another's PITH. I usually look at a visit to the schoolhouse as an imposition on my time. Although, I have been accused of becoming a grumpy old man. Good luck with your quest!

Sims creep me out. I have to 'unlearn' airplane, remember how the sim 'flies' and be ready to perform at a moment's notice on a maneuver I haven't done in twelve months.

I hate the sim just like mr. taylor and captnchia. But its not necessarily the sim itself. Its more so because when i get in it now, its a jeopardy event. Its a checkride everytime we strap ourselves in.

But i do remember when i was getting burnt out instructing, i got to go on an Alteon tour that was put together by Mpenguin from this message board. I got to fly an MD-11 sim. It really put things into perspective and made me realize what i was shooting for. it was a great experience. Good luck trying to find a place to let you fly one. If all else fails, try b737.com it costs like 450 bucks or so, but it might be worth it.

We have a school connection with a top guy at Flight Safety. Every year, we take an Alpha Eta Rho trip down to Wichita to visit Flight Safety, Cessna, Beech, and many others. Needless to say, we have gotten time in many of the Level D sims at Flight Safety as well as places like Beech. I have time in a Citation Ultra, Bravo, and X. Also in a KC-135 and Hawker 900XP. It's still great to be able to do things like this and still have people out there devoting their time to future pilots!!

As for the topic, just give them a call, that never hurt anyone. If you really want to try though, get a group of people together and tell them you just curious about everything and want to visit. They would rather put in their time for a group instead of one person.

We have a school connection with a top guy at Flight Safety. Every year, we take an Alpha Eta Rho trip down to Wichita to visit Flight Safety, Cessna, Beech, and many others. Needless to say, we have gotten time in many of the Level D sims at Flight Safety as well as places like Beech. I have time in a Citation Ultra, Bravo, and X. Also in a KC-135 and Hawker 900XP. It's still great to be able to do things like this and still have people out there devoting their time to future pilots!!

As for the topic, just give them a call, that never hurt anyone. If you really want to try though, get a group of people together and tell them you just curious about everything and want to visit. They would rather put in their time for a group instead of one person.

Were going down to the US Air sims hopefully next month.

With prior notice I can most likely arrange for someone to check out the sims at FSI in Toledo. I am not guarenteeing anything, and I would have to check with higher authority but if anyone is interested I can check into it.

We have Citation II,III,V, Ultra, Excel, X, and hawker 400.

Back