Lurker coming out!!!

Louie1975

Hi Folks:
My name is Louie, am 27 years old, currently employed in the wireless sales industry(Nextel) and earned my private last summer. I've been here in Queens, NYC since day 1(ok, day 2 or 3, I was born in Brooklyn!). I currently fly our of Islip NY.
My dream, since I was living in Jackson Heights under ext. centerline to runway 4 at LGA, was to be an airline pilot. So now I am a c172 pilot and I just try to fly on weekends(when wx agrees) and read during the week. I'm saving for my instrument rating which I will probably start this fall. Anyway, I check in to view these boards 3-4 times a day(which is probably why I haven't been hitting quota) and after about a year I figured it was time to 'come out'
Anyway, this is a GREAT site Doug, you've done a terrific job. I have tons of questions and will be posting frequently. Hope all is well!

Louie

Hi Louie,

Welcome to the Jetcareers forums, I'm glad you decided to join in on the conversation!

Post away!
smile.gif

Technically, it's called "de-cloaking"; "coming out" implies something else...eek!
grin.gif

Welcome!

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the boards Louie, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then duck!!!
grin.gif

Seriously - welcome.

Thanks guys for all the welcomes.

CMARTIN - sorry for the xo bankruptcy. Nextel is supposedly doing good, the bean counters tell us we'll be going cash-flow positive this year. Let me tell you , it has come at a price. For me to sell one phone requires more paperwork, policies, procedures, and adherence to 'compliance'(I hate that word) codes than Pres. Bush needs to start a war. It is very discouraging. It reaffirms that I'd rather be flying, even if it means flying floats in Alaska.

Anyway, there is a lesson in all of this: I hear airline pilots complaining these days about the fact that there are too many rules and procedures and that they are no longer paid for their judgment, but paid to follow rules. This trend of less and less common sense is happening in my industry and probably every industry. Pilots who haven't had a corporate job need to realize this.

Hope all is well!!

Hi Louie-

I fly out of ISP also. We should fly together sometime (if you promise not to try and sell me a cell phone).

JJay

Welcome to our little slice of the world, Louie...but it's ready2fly you need to watch out for....he's dangerous when you rouse him!!!
mad.gif

Have fun!!!

[ QUOTE ]
but it's ready2fly you need to watch out for....he's dangerous when you rouse him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you have a problem with R2F… I’ve always found him easy to get along with. I guess us part 61 guys just have to stick together!
wink.gif

Off topic --

Speaking of Ilsip, one of the planes I have been flying for the past week just went back to American Flyers out there in NY.

61AF would be the number. Nice plane.

On topic --

Nice to have you come out of the hole Louie. Come have some fun in the Squawk box
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting that you have a problem with R2F… I’ve always found him easy to get along with. I guess us part 61 guys just have to stick together!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, screw those Part 141 guys!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, screw those Part 141 guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lordy!! The last thing I want to do at 12:34 a.m. is get that debate started again...
tongue.gif

Actually, if you want to get realllly technical, the proper term is "de-lurk." "De-cloak" is something a Romulan or Klingon pilot would do ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
..but it's ready2fly you need to watch out for....he's dangerous when you rouse him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhhh - truer words.....
wink.gif

JJay:
You fly out of ISP? Send me a PM, and maybe we can fly together. Is that your twin in the picture?

Louie

Louie-

Yes, I am in a partnership with a few other guys in a Seneca. I sent you a PM with my e-mail and phone number. Get in touch if you want to fly sometime.

JJay

Hey, welcome to the website! Feel free to post anything on your mind. That's what everybody else does! Just watch out for the political debates in the squawk box. No punches pulled in there! F*(%$*@ liberals!
grin.gif

Back