LuggageWorks Questions

Dan208B

I'm considering replacing my current luggage setup. I've been using a luggageworks executive 22" rollaboard and a backpack(i know, i know) from best buy for a long time. The luggageworks bag is 25 years old and finally falling apart, as is the backpack. I have been very happy with the rollaboard so I'm considering replacing it with the same bag brand new and then also looking at the "luggageworks stealth electronic flight bag."

-Has anyone used the LW electronic flight bag? How does it hold up?

-Not having a flight bag attached to the "j-hook" on the bag makes it heavy to roll around and I'm afraid will start messing with my back after a few years. Does the electronic flight bag hook to the j-handle well or is it just best to attach it to the rollaboard handle?

-Any other suggestions? This is for mostly international travel and long trips. I don't want the extra tall bag because it doesn't fit in regular overhead bins. I like the luggageworks stuff because it's got the metal edges and is very durable and works good lasts long time, so I'm not really interested in change unless someone has used both and prefers something over the luggageworks stuff.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide. This stuff is expensive so I was just looking for some input before shelling out the cash for it.

I've got a 10" stealth tote that I use with my LW roller board. It has the same J-hook bar that the description of the electronic flight has. It works very well for attaching to the j-hook with, no problems hauling around 4 2" jepp binders.

I just ditched my flight kit and replaced it with a Strongbags Summit. I hook the straps onto the J-hook and it balances out better than my flight kit did.

http://www.strongbags.com/review/product/list/id/73/category/6/

I've been very happy with my Luggage Works rollaboard, but their duffles and what not have left something to be desired. I've got the same duffel that everyone else has, but it fell apart in short order. I have no idea if their rollaboards are worth anything, but I've been happy with the Strongbags cooler and "crew case" so far.

Those both look like good products but I don't have to carry any binders so I'm wondering if maybe something smaller would be easier. That's not to say I wouldn't use the extra space but if deadheading it would be nice to have one that is pretty small as the "personal item."

I just ditched my flight kit and replaced it with a Strongbags Summit. I hook the straps onto the J-hook and it balances out better than my flight kit did.

http://www.strongbags.com/review/product/list/id/73/category/6/

I've been very happy with my Luggage Works rollaboard, but their duffles and what not have left something to be desired. I've got the same duffel that everyone else has, but it fell apart in short order. I have no idea if their rollaboards are worth anything, but I've been happy with the Strongbags cooler and "crew case" so far.
Did the same except I got this

http://www.stopoverstore.com/product/3614/luggageworks-deluxe-aurora-tote/

Very happy with it and it has held up nicely so far. Going on 8 months. Just saw added post. I can fit it under a seat too when non reving/DHD

Those both look like good products but I don't have to carry any binders so I'm wondering if maybe something smaller would be easier. That's not to say I wouldn't use the extra space but if deadheading it would be nice to have one that is pretty small as the "personal item."

I don't know if it'll fit under a seat, but to tell you the truth, it's not that much larger than the cooler in the grand scheme of things.

upload_2014-7-28_13-45-30.png

upload_2014-7-28_13-45-43.png

Stick with the backpack. Whale upper deck ladder is sketchy, and you have a free hand to carry a coffee with you onto the jet while you're commercialing.

Stick with the backpack. Whale upper deck ladder is sketchy, and you have a free hand to carry a coffee with you onto the jet while you're commercialing.

Any suggestions for a good one? Besides falling apart, the thing I didn't like about my current one was that there's no way to "hook it up" to the rollaboard handle or anything. Because of it's weight distribution it would fall off without me holding the handle. Guess that's just part of the deal with backpacks though.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for a good one? Besides falling apart, the thing I didn't like about my current one was that there's no way to "hook it up" to the rollaboard handle or anything. Because of it's weight distribution it would fall off without me holding the handle. Guess that's just part of the deal with backpacks though.
I'm having the same problem with mine, but I just flew with a guy who had a nicer Samsonite backpack that seemed to be holding up really well, plus hooks to his LW's j-hook. I'll see if I can find it online.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this was it: http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Lug...1406582281&sr=8-3&keywords=samsonite+backpack

It has the loop on the top that allows it to be hooked to a roller.

I just recently got the new LW Stealth Air. Just as durable as all LW rollerbags but it weighs less.

I'm having the same problem with mine, but I just flew with a guy who had a nicer Samsonite backpack that seemed to be holding up really well, plus hooks to his LW's j-hook. I'll see if I can find it online.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this was it: http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Luggage-Tectonic-Backpack-Black/dp/B00AIJ57OW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406582281&sr=8-3&keywords=samsonite backpack

It has the loop on the top that allows it to be hooked to a roller.

Thanks I'll check that out. The backpack has served me well so far and probably would be better on the freighter.

Back