Luggage

stuckingfk

I am looking at getting a piece of new carry-on luggage and was wondering what pilots like most? Price is a factor, but so is durability.

Thanks

We were standard-issued the soft sided TravelPro rollaboards. Pieces of crap in my opinion. They did NOT hold up to being slammed around the cargo bins of the ATRs all day. I demolished two in 3 years. My dh is on his third, his luggage didn't have quite the rough life mine had, so his TravelPros have lasted a bit longer, but even his newest one has needed several repairs. I highly recommend the rollerblade wheel conversion kit.

After destroying my second TravelPro, I got a hard-side Samsonite. I will never travel without it again. I've used it as a chair, footrest, step-stool, pillow, and oh, yeah, I pack stuff in it too. The rollerblade wheel conversion is an absolute must though, the factory wheels suck.

The Purdy Neat Stuffs are very heavy, even empty. I've never owned or used one, but I hear they are very durable. They're soft-side, with a metal frame. Very expensive, but from what I've heard, you get what you pay for.

[ QUOTE ]
The Purdy Neat Stuffs are very heavy, even empty. I've never owned or used one, but I hear they are very durable. They're soft-side, with a metal frame. Very expensive, but from what I've heard, you get what you pay for.

[/ QUOTE ] actually, it's purdy neat things company that makes the bags we use.. we've had them for 7 years and whenever they've needed a fix, they'd send us a box to ship it out and we'd get it back normally within a weeks time - their service has been absolutely awesome!

you can check them out at Luggage Works Online - we have the "stealth" bags .... with all the compartments, they've been awesome! yeah - they're expensive but thru all the wear and tear that traveling puts on them - they're well worth the $$...

PNTG00000102NG.JPG

One of my friends gave me a hand me down TravelPro hardside. It's been great and I like it. I've used that thing quite a bit and it's done just fine. It's going on three years now and it's still going strong!

Back