Lufthansa 747, 1000 above and parallel.

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Just got off of break over the ocean, took the captain's seat, looked up and said, "HOLY CRAP!"

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 829
We were planned at .79 and I think he was flying .81 so if I had thought about it sooner, I'd have put my camera into a better, higher resolution mode.

it its just amazing how big its the sky and how close can get two separate airplanes in the middle of the ocean!!.. I´ve had similar experiences (as a passanger) lately watching from the window how close do airplanes get in the sky.... it can get scary sometimes..
thank God for Auto pilots.. the best kind around ..:sarcasm: .:)

it its just amazing how big its the sky and how close can get two separate airplanes in the middle of the ocean!!.. I´ve had similar experiences (as a passanger) lately watching from the window how close do airplanes get in the sky.... it can get scary sometimes..
thank God for Auto pilots.. the best kind around ..:sarcasm: .:)

Nah, across the Atlantic, we fly parallel on various parallel tracks, 1000' vertically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Tracks

That is a great picture. Thanks for sharing it and all the others you post.

I've got my camera all ready and am going to try to get some ag shots this year to post. I hope ya'll will find them worthy.

It's always easy to spot a European or Asian carrier. The belly of the jet is clean....:bandit:

Back