LR31a at FL410 and 430 - Moonrise

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I don't carry a camera with me so hopefully you will excuse me for the poor quality -- had to use the camera on my cellphone. Looked better out the windshield then it does on photo but we were flying into the moonrise at FL410, then flying home later at 430. Also random winglet shot.

Notice that I favor the dual-cue flight director, whereas the co-captain uses the v-bar flight director.
0915081907-00.jpg

0915082306-00.jpg

100_1810.JPG

You get to choose which FD you can use? Talk about personal pilot features!! In that case I want a back warmer seat:yup: and a hot towel every 20 mins

Have a question for ya. Is FL420 and the evens up off limits? bc I never hear anyone on the evens up there, I max out @ FL370

In an airplane as notoriously short of creature comforts as a Learjet, it is nice that I can actually select the FD I prefer without imposing it upon my flying partner.

Unfortunately, that is not the case in the LR45.

Yeah Universal stinks. The sad part is our 45s have a Universal FMS and a Honeywell Primus 1000 avionics suite -- so they don't talk to each other particularly well (i/e won't draw the holds, etc).

The nice thing about it is it's small so it fits in our tiny little cockpit better then the big Rockwell/Collins/Honeywell units with scratchpads et al

A friend of mine failed a checkride last week bc of the FMS-" DE said he was spending to much time in the fms doing NON pilot flying duties" also during the GPS app the FMS in the sim loads differnetly from the airplane, and he & the captain got confused. I like the fact that what you do to one, you have to do it again on the other FMS, here at Eagle:nana2:. So if you mess up you mess up twice:rawk:

Ah, well fortunately I guess 95% of our airplanes only have one CDU. So if I screw it up once I've only screwed it up once. lol

You get to choose which FD you can use? Talk about personal pilot features!! In that case I want a back warmer seat:yup: and a hot towel every 20 mins

Have a question for ya. Is FL420 and the evens up off limits? bc I never hear anyone on the evens up there, I max out @ FL370

Yep FL420, FL440 etc don't exist just like FL300, FL320 pre RVSM.

Yeah Universal stinks. The sad part is our 45s have a Universal FMS and a Honeywell Primus 1000 avionics suite -- so they don't talk to each other particularly well (i/e won't draw the holds, etc).

The nice thing about it is it's small so it fits in our tiny little cockpit better then the big Rockwell/Collins/Honeywell units with scratchpads et al

Don't feel bad. The Honeywell FMS won't draw holds, curved lines, etc, either. It's the Primus 1000 system...not the finest thing ever built.

At least it's not the GNS-XLs. We have the Universal and the Primus 1000 in the Excel. Nothing fancy, that's for sure, but it works. The system on the Citation XLS will draw the hold, so they must have fixed something.

Oh yeah, are the pics gone? I don't see them.

Be very happy it isn't the GNS-XLS. What are the lines you people are talking about. Haha

Back