Lowest 737 landing ever...

Displaced thresholds are displaced for a reason, mmm'kay? That was intense, a KLM 747-400 did just about the same thing at SXM once.

I was watching on my phone but it seems like they got pretty close to the fence(or signs), hard to tell. Yeah I didn't think it was cool to land short of the threshold, especially on purpose. Oh well

No worries, it's gone viral. The appropriate peepees will be smacked, or someone will lose their career. Still want to go there.

Lion Air was lower.
jpzul-8528%20(1).JPG

I used to amuse myself by dragging it in low at a few airports in my 135 freight days. One tiny airport (3000' runway) had us crossing a major highway on short final when the winds dictated as much. My goal was to see if I could make anyone slam on their brakes by flying as low as possible.

Honestly, there were a couple of instances where I felt immediate regret upon landing. I suppose I could have always justified it [maybe] by saying I needed to put the airplane down as early as possible to stop in a reasonable distance. Fortunately, I never had to defend those silly actions before anyone.

At another airport, I did once make a pedestrian walking along the perimeter fence scramble for safety. Again, funny, but fortunately no one called me out on it. I think I got all of that nonsense out of my system now.

I used to amuse myself by dragging it in low at a few airports in my 135 freight days. One tiny airport (3000' runway) had us crossing a major highway on short final when the winds dictated as much. My goal was to see if I could make anyone slam on their brakes by flying as low as possible.

Honestly, there were a couple of instances where I felt immediate regret upon landing. I suppose I could have always justified it [maybe] by saying I needed to put the airplane down as early as possible to stop in a reasonable distance. Fortunately, I never had to defend those silly actions before anyone.

At another airport, I did once make a pedestrian walking along the perimeter fence scramble for safety. Again, funny, but fortunately no one called me out on it. I think I got all of that nonsense out of my system now.
If anything, the fact that everyone has a video camera in their pocket and posts everything online these days is deterrent enough to keep me from doing stupid stuff.

Lion Air was lower.
jpzul-8528%20(1).JPG
Yeah, that unreported, undetected, and unrecorded "windsheer" in a brand new 737 will git'cha.

If anything, the fact that everyone has a video camera in their pocket and posts everything online these days is deterrent enough to keep me from doing stupid stuff.
That's why you rent planes with small tail numbers, or double your stupid and do dumb stuff at night duh.

He touched down way before the skid marks so sure, looks a little low. Im with Mike though, that Lion 737 was much lower.

Back