Lower Level Facility Vs Higher Level Facility

Yeah, I almost dumped bricks when I was original told I was going to go to NCT (lvl 12 consolidated TRACON). I want to end out at NCT or SCT, but I am happy the FAA decide to send me to a lower level tower, but a lvl 5 tower in SCK? Come on! But at least I can get my foot in the door, I just hope it isn't a revolving door, because those tend to break your foot when you get them in.

sck should be good, too bad it's rated so low at a lvl 5. at least you have an ILS approach which should increase the complexity and provide a solid stepping stone to a larger airport

The two facilities I requested were a 7 (PHF) and an 8 (SFB). I got PHF and I'm happy. I don't even care to work myself up to a high level facility (10, 11, 12) I'd be perfectly happy staying at a 7,8,9 for the entire career. I enjoy the work and am just happy to get mic time, so I'm pretty easy to please.

I had a lower level facility selected for me! I put Indiana and Georgia as preferences... I'd much rather live in GA, but they gave me IND, and I'm actually kind of okay with that. I'd rather start out small, and Indianapolis has all the starbucks and jcrew a girl could ever need :p

I had a lower level facility selected for me! I put Indiana and Georgia as preferences... I'd much rather live in GA, but they gave me IND, and I'm actually kind of okay with that. I'd rather start out small, and Indianapolis has all the starbucks and jcrew a girl could ever need :p

Wow all these months I thought you were a guy. Haha. But I think everyone on here I a guy for some reason

Starbucks? JCrew? You? Really?

Starbucks? JCrew? You? Really?

Guilty pleasures... actually jcrew is getting too tacky for my liking, along with every other clothing store :mad: I've started shopping at goodwill... oh my my, what will the FAA say?

Wow all these months I thought you were a guy. Haha. But I think everyone on here I a guy for some reason

I assume everyone on forums are male until I'm told otherwise, haha

sck should be good, too bad it's rated so low at a lvl 5. at least you have an ILS approach which should increase the complexity and provide a solid stepping stone to a larger airport

Very true, and there is/was a lot of cargo and exec. aircraft flying in and out of SCK which means I will also get a handle of dealing with larger cat 2 & cat 3 aircraft.

Detroit, ATL. Judging by the P sign in the back ground..... I don't think it is Compton, that doesn't look like any of the parking/bus signs in that area of town and people don't bundle up that much even in winter in Compton... I am betting it is a midwest/eastern seaboard town, unless it is London, it could be London... I JUST DON'T KNOW!

lol.. i don't know if they're only bundled up because it's winter...

Oakland, Daily City, Berkeley and SFO have the same Parking signs too.. i think it's a standard FTA sign.

Back