Low time jobs in UT?

Found it. PM me for the info as I don't want to hang some guys info out there for all.

Send you a PM. I send them an email that was posted on the web site, but it bounced back. I think it would be a fun job while on furlough...

Anyone else got any info on possible low-time jobs in Utah besides the CFI gig? I know they are tough to find, but I'd be happy to even look at an airplane these days.

Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that one can't hope!? I'm still looking for a job going on for 2 months now. I'd be estatic to even have a CFI job, and I didn't even know that they did traffic watch anymore.

Just an update for those guys that were interested in Redtail Aviation. I called their office today and was told they are not hiring, as they have most guys coming back this season.

However, there is another tour operator in Moab, called Slickrock Air Guides. I talked to the owner/chief pilot, and he said they are currently reviewing resumes of people with more than 1200 TT. I put in my stuff with them, so we will see...

Leading Edge Aviation in SLC and Ogden are looking for Flight instructors. I just saw an Ad in the paper.
That is a advertising ploy to get students in the door from utah to take their course in hopes of getting a better student base. Go into their ogden location and ask their cheif if they are hiring current CFI's.

I applied and interviewed there. They pay pretty low, like 16-18/hr and you were responsible for getting your own students. So it could be up to 3 months before you are pulling in a steady paycheck, and that is if you are good at marketing yourself. It did seem like a nice school, good equipment, and well run, and the instructors seemed happy. The management I interviewed with were great guys and very up front about what to expect. If you can make it work and market yourself, it would be a good opportunity. I would never be able to make it though.

I applied and interviewed there. They pay pretty low, like 16-18/hr and you were responsible for getting your own students. So it could be up to 3 months before you are pulling in a steady paycheck, and that is if you are good at marketing yourself. It did seem like a nice school, good equipment, and well run, and the instructors seemed happy. The management I interviewed with were great guys and very up front about what to expect. If you can make it work and market yourself, it would be a good opportunity. I would never be able to make it though.
Did you get a job yet, or are you still looking in Utah? (if you dont mind me asking)

I interviewed there and one other in North Salt Lake in December and neither worked for me. I ended up taking a 135 position in Phoenix. Best of luck. I know it's tough up there.

I had to move out of state to get my first cfi job. This was just few years ago before the zero to heros came about. I was later able to move back with experiance.

I interviewed there and one other in North Salt Lake in December and neither worked for me. I ended up taking a 135 position in Phoenix. Best of luck. I know it's tough up there.

How did you get VFR part 135 job with less that 500 hrs?

I have quite a bit more than 500 hrs. Not sure where you got that number. It's not vfr 135, it's air attack and on demand charter/cargo.

Back