Low time GIV SICs (NJ)

NowCorporate

Not my type of job but maybe a chance for a guy to break into charter/corp on a great airplane....

Job Title: G-IV SIC
Salary Range: 47k-60k
Email: employment@worldwidejet.com
Job Desc: Worldwide Jet is accepting resumes for a future G-IV SIC position available in Millville, NJ.

You CAN have a flying career and a life too! Our flying schedule is two weeks on and one week off. We offer worldwide travel with extensive training and benefits. Work and fly with one of the best international charter companies in the country and experience our professional work environment. Secure employment, competitive salary and benefits.

Position requires relocation to south New Jersey or Ontario California dependant on company needs.

Candidate must possess a Current Part 135 qualification letter. (If you are qualified but need a Part 135 letter you must pay for initial training at CAE Simuflite. However, we will allow you to train at our corporate rate and will reimburse you for your initial training over a 24 month period as long as your are employed by the Company or until you upgrade to Captain. We will cover travel and hotel expenses during training and give you a prorated $2500/mo. stipend.) All subsequent training is Company covered.

We are seeking motivated individuals with an excellent attitude. Upon upgrade your salary base will be one of the highest in the industry, and in return we are seeking the highest caliber individuals.

Benefits offered:

Major medical
Dental
Salary increases based on six month reviews
Salary range for SIC 48K-60K
Benefits: Competitive
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:

First class medical certificate
Total fixed wing time: 2,000 hours
Total MEL: 1,500 hours
Total time last 12 months: 200 hours

Please state position you are applying for on your resume. No cover letter required.
Travel:

Looks like a great position for certain Jersey-based Star-Checkers - only if they can get used to all that talking cargo.

If you are qualified but need a Part 135 letter you must pay for initial training at CAE Simuflite.

Red flag. Initial will probably cost $20K-40K depending on their corporate rate. Not many 2000 hour pilots have an 8410 in a G-IV. However, if you're part of the SIC program at one of the training centers - you're golden.

Not to mention, 'low-time' and 'G-IV' aren't normally found in the same sentence. I don't have any salary numbers in front of me either, but that seems a little low.

Red flag. Initial will probably cost $20K-40K depending on their corporate rate. Not many 2000 hour pilots have an 8410 in a G-IV. However, if you're part of the SIC program at one of the training centers - you're golden.

Not to mention, 'low-time' and 'G-IV' aren't normally found in the same sentence. I don't have any salary numbers in front of me either, but that seems a little low.

Its WAY low...hence its an "entry level" job..

but 50K to fly a GIV and eat a rating (not my type of job) might ne a decent alternative than flying for.getting laid off from a regional.

Its an entry level foot int he door of corporate job from what I read.

Nobody with Gulfstream time would consider this.

Wait - does the part 135 letter mean you have to have flown a GIV under part 135 before, or does it mean any current part 135 letter will do?

Wait - does the part 135 letter mean you have to have flown a GIV under part 135 before, or does it mean any current part 135 letter will do?

I'm guessing it means you need to have a current 8410 in a G-IV, but I don't know much of anything about Part 135 regs, so someone else will have to confirm.

I'm guessing it means you need to have a current 8410 in a G-IV, but I don't know much of anything about Part 135 regs, so someone else will have to confirm.

yes its what it means....they want you to pay for your SIC Gulfstream school.

There is likely nobody out there with an 8410 in a GIV that will want this job, this is a job for someone looking to bail out of the regionals, etc and does not mind paying for school.

Again, its not likely anything of interest for someone with any real corporate experience.

Its WAY low...hence its an "entry level" job..

but 50K to fly a GIV and eat a rating (not my type of job) might ne a decent alternative than flying for.getting laid off from a regional.

Its an entry level foot int he door of corporate job from what I read.

Nobody with Gulfstream time would consider this.

Agreed.

Here are the numbers from the latest Pro Pilot Salary Survey for those interested:

Average - $70,000
Low - $55,000
High - $88,000

It seems like a great deal to me - as someone who is looking at a possible furlough from the regionals. Out of all of the "pay your dues" stuff i've seen over the last 7 years, this ultimately seems like a great deal.

I just sent in a resume - I really hope that they call, especially too because of the Ontario base. I dream of a life where I don't have to commute.

It seems like a great deal to me - as someone who is looking at a possible furlough from the regionals. Out of all of the "pay your dues" stuff i've seen over the last 7 years, this ultimately seems like a great deal.

I just sent in a resume - I really hope that they call, especially too because of the Ontario base. I dream of a life where I don't have to commute.

It's a terrible deal. Pay for your initial training and being gone 34 weeks out of the year with crappy pay isn't a good deal.

It's a terrible deal. Pay for your initial training and being gone 34 weeks out of the year with crappy pay isn't a good deal.

To many yes, but to someone unemployed and looking to break into corporate it might be a GREAT DEAL.

Give them a year or two then take your rating and shop 100-175K Gulfstream jobs. Beats the hell out of staying at a deadend regional job IMO.

While I'd never apply either, why put it down? who cares?

Any paying for training. . .red flag.

As usual, that's one take on it. Don't forget, the airline rules of CBAs and what not don't apply outside the airlines.

I read it as an opening offer. I bet they're not stupid. They can do math. Low time (C)RJ pilot losing a job + a GIV type = short stay at the company.

Why not put your crap in, and IF they offer you a job, then you can ask if they'd do a training contract in lieu of you paying the chedda. There is no CBA you're usurping.

GIV pilots probably make more money and have more days off than most of us. It's a tight-knit world, and it's kept that way. This is the way to get the secret handshake.

I know this because a guy that started in the class behind me did GIV/GV contract work. He took some crap jobs, then through networking, found several contract clients that liked to fly with him. He made enough that he paid for his GIV/V recurrent and didn't think twice about it.

Just some food for thought.

My buddy did this a couple years ago. He paid for the type, was hired, and furloughed/laid off about 6 months later. It's the same company. He lost a boatload of cash on that deal, and because he hardly had any time in type he never got another Gulfstream job. Ended up at a regional. I wouldn't recommend working for this company especially if you have to lay out cash for the type. They are advertising ALL THE TIME for pilots. That should tell you something.

My buddy did this a couple years ago. He paid for the type, was hired, and furloughed/laid off about 6 months later. It's the same company. He lost a boatload of cash on that deal, and because he hardly had any time in type he never got another Gulfstream job. Ended up at a regional. I wouldn't recommend working for this company especially if you have to lay out cash for the type. They are advertising ALL THE TIME for pilots. That should tell you something.

I remember you posting that story a while back. I believe I said it was an ignorant thing to do and that still rings true today. Some people just don't listen.

People, this company sucks. If you have to pay for your type, run away.

Back