Low time CFI/Commercial jobs?

Shiftace

s***posting with decency. trolling with integrity.
Looking to make a gradual switch from IT to CFI and Commercial flying. Currently have 350 hours in the logbook with a fresh CFI cert. Working on my CFII and hope to have that done before we move in the Fall.

Currently in Western MN/Eastern ND (KFAR area) and open to relocation. Some places we are considering (but not tied to) are Knoxville TN, Tampa, FL, and parts of GA but really open to any place where it does not get -20 F in the winter. Would love to work at a place like Cirrus in Knoxville.

My background in IT is primarily support and training and I could teach at a two year college if it was an option.

Any leads on jobs would be much appreciated.

Looking to make a gradual switch from IT to CFI and Commercial flying. Currently have 350 hours in the logbook with a fresh CFI cert. Working on my CFII and hope to have that done before we move in the Fall.

Currently in Western MN/Eastern ND (KFAR area) and open to relocation. Some places we are considering (but not tied to) are Knoxville TN, Tampa, FL, and parts of GA but really open to any place where it does not get -20 F in the winter. Would love to work at a place like Cirrus in Knoxville.

My background in IT is primarily support and training and I could teach at a two year college if it was an option.

Any leads on jobs would be much appreciated.
Knoxville is really fabulous country. Excellent outdoors, but also fairly metropolitan. The airport is average with a fair amount of jet traffic and you can get your students some experience at surveillance approaches (which I admit is mostly a novelty, but they have it.) There are likely to be some good Part 91 jobs available when your time comes if you've networked properly. I would love to live there and work that plan.

Tampa is also fabulous but in different ways (hot beaches vs cool mountains). Very metropolitan. Aviation runs the gamut from high volume student training to HNWI Part 91 and to dirtbag 135. Very target rich environment for an aviation professional.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of those choices unless you hate the beach or SEC football.

Back