Low flying gone wrong..

I want to know how the guy managed to do that much damage to the Jeep and not bend his prop/blow his engine or instantly nose dive to the ground through loss of airpseed. That is an awful lot of damage to the Jeep.

cannes-bud-radio.jpg

part deux

What are all those people doing milling around on that road anyway?

That Justin Bieber really packs em in, in old Mexico! His fans are a tad, hardcore! Sorta reminds me of Van Halen preshows back in the 80's! ;)

I want to know how the guy managed to do that much damage to the Jeep and not bend his prop/blow his engine or instantly nose dive to the ground through loss of airpseed. That is an awful lot of damage to the Jeep.

Oh I'm sure there was massive damage to the airplane.

Oh I'm sure there was massive damage to the airplane.
Oh, I, too, am sure that poor thing is sitting on the edge of the ramp right now with more damage than is worth repairing. It just amazes me that the he was able to keep flying after that. After a hit like that, I would have surely though that at least half his prop would be toast and/or the engine mounts bent to the point of failure.

Like someone mentioned above... pretty sure that landing was no piece of cake. Shame that someone would put the work in to become a pilot, and then blow it all on some really, really stupid prank. Not the first or last time, to be sure, and it amazes me every time that someone would put all that time, effort, and money (not to mention lives) at risk for a stupid stunt.

Oh, I, too, am sure that poor thing is sitting on the edge of the ramp right now with more damage than is worth repairing. It just amazes me that the he was able to keep flying after that. After a hit like that, I would have surely though that at least half his prop would be toast and/or the engine mounts bent to the point of failure.

Like someone mentioned above... pretty sure that landing was no piece of cake. Shame that someone would put the work in to become a pilot, and then blow it all on some really, really stupid prank. Not the first or last time, to be sure, and it amazes me every time that someone would put all that time, effort, and money (not to mention lives) at risk for a stupid stunt.

If it was an Indian flight student I'm sure they just turned in the keys and didn't mention the damage.

I know a pilot who forgot he left the tow bar connected on a C-172 until it popped up into the prop while taxiing out. It would've been much worse to not have that happen until landing!

I bet it was fun explaining THAT to the insurance company.

"Wait... an airplane what? No... no... that's just a commercial. Nice try. What REALLY happened?"

I bet it was fun explaining THAT to the insurance company.

"Wait... an airplane what? No... no... that's just a commercial. Nice try. What REALLY happened?"

I can see the agent paging through the fine print looking for that exclusion. "I'm sure it's in here somewhere, must be in between the acts of war-time hostility exclusion, and detonation of nuclear device exclusion.... somewhere, I KNOW it's here!".

"OH, wait... you were cruising? Yeah... anything that happens to your vehicle during a cruising event is not covered. It is listed under the section about participating in organized events such as races, auto-x, and so on."

"But... it was just a bunch of cars going slowly down a road with a bunch of people watching."

"Sounds like a race to me. Might be slow, but still sounds like a race. So... coverage denied. Have a nice day, and thanks for choosing Crappo Insurance." *click*

Back