Low altitude en route charts

pitmanbert

Can anyone tell me why only certain outbound headings from a navaid on low altitude en route charts have the small degree circle next to them and why the rest dont?
Thanks

haha...

I've asked feds this same question and they dont know the answer. (but I do) ;)

hint: 090

now turn your laptop upside down. ;)

That's good. I'd never even noticed that before.:eek: It took all of 2 seconds to find one on skyvector.

makes perfect sense. thanks so much.

Here's another one for you guys. On a sectional, why will you have some NAVAIDS....could be VOR, VOR/DME, VORTAC, TACAN, etc......that don't have a compass rose around them?

Here's another one for you guys. On a sectional, why will you have some NAVAIDS....could be VOR, VOR/DME, VORTAC, TACAN, etc......that don't have a compass rose around them?
No victor airways? I know that's what it is on the IFR enroute chart...

No victor airways? I know that's what it is on the IFR enroute chart...

That would be a great guess, and good to know if you're right.:)

I was going to suggest plain old chart congestion. Looking around KDHN you've got a VOR, VOR-DME, and a VORTAC all in close proximity to great mother Rucker, MOAs, Restricted areas...etc.

Just so happens, the one depicted compass rose is for the RRS Vortac joining airways... hrmm.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was two parts....It has to be a Terminal VOR AND no victor airways running to it.

Correct, and that's the assumption. For example, in AZ at KIWA, the Willie VORTAC only serves instrument approaches at Williams-Gateway, and also has no airways running to/from it. Though they could be there, I haven't seen a non-terminal VOR that had no airways......doesn't mean they don't exist, I just haven't come across one yet.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was two parts....It has to be a Terminal VOR AND no victor airways running to it.

Good job LoadMaster!

To others: "I think we should make LoadMaster our Captain"

Couldn't help it I watched Rat Race last night at 2AM

haha...

I've asked feds this same question and they dont know the answer. (but I do) ;)

hint: 090

now turn your laptop upside down. ;)

Outstanding. I learned something today.

---------

About the other Navaid question. I didn't think it is an either/or ability.
I think Nav-aids without a compose rose are Terminal VORs and Terminal VORs don't have airways, no exceptions.
my 2 cents

Well, there I have it!

Thanks for the correction Loadmaster.

I will admit, I stared at it like I just saw Santa Clause ..."It does exist!".

In all fairness, I used to think the same thing. In fact I remember someone telling me that was the case. I just happened upon that when I was in KC and realized "the truth".

And Sooner....I already am the captain...of a Seminole:) I did enjoy telling everyone you were our FA last night.

Kansas City sectional - Johnson County VOR - OJC

It is terminal but has a compass rose around it and victor airways intersecting.

Have seen those, just haven't seen a non-terminal NAVAID (apart from an NDB) that didn't have a compass rose. Am trying to remember if there might be any in the area I operate...

In all fairness, I used to think the same thing. In fact I remember someone telling me that was the case. I just happened upon that when I was in KC and realized "the truth".

And Sooner....I already am the captain...of a Seminole:) I did enjoy telling everyone you were our FA last night.

Too bad you clowns didn't have any Hard 8 for me last night. I miss SEP

Back